Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Does anyone want to see my shiny helmet?

Does anyone want to see my shiny helmet?

Old Aug 1st 2005, 5:26 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Does anyone want to see my shiny helmet?

I'm now a qualified FESA Bush Fire Fighter!!!!!!

Got all the gear including a nice shiny white helmet denoting my rank (lowest of the low - for now).

The weekend was very interesting and informative and now I'm looking forward to putting the training in to practice.

Interestingly, my brigade is now full and there is a waiting list to get in. I feel lucky I got in when I did.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 6:27 am
been there........

TheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud of
Default Re: Does anyone want to see my shiny helmet?

Originally Posted by renth

Got all the gear including a nice shiny white helmet denoting my rank (lowest of the low - for now).

The weekend was very interesting and informative and now I'm looking forward to putting the training in to practice.

Interestingly, my brigade is now full and there is a waiting list to get in. I feel lucky I got in when I did.
Congratulations and well done! You guys are absolutely invaluable.....
Old Aug 1st 2005, 6:37 am
Badge

Good on ya!!

My hemet is yellow - and is not shiny new - it has had a fair amount of use.

Weekend!!! I had to do 4 to get my minimum skills.

Badge

PS I've just done another months of trg, now I am a qualified "low structure" firie. Even though I've been to a fully involved house fire.

Next its all the Breathing Apparatus and Search and Rescue.

Old Aug 1st 2005, 6:46 am
Account Closed

ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point

Heh well done ! that's fantastic

I could say something witty like "I like a guy in uniform" - but you could be a woman

so I'll just say Congratulations
Old Aug 1st 2005, 6:49 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you say... Firefighter!!! :insert pervy smiley here:

Good on you!
Old Aug 1st 2005, 6:58 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Cool, congrats!

I don't fall for uniforms, but bring on photo's anyway!
Old Aug 1st 2005, 7:17 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Badge
Good on ya!!

My hemet is yellow - and is not shiny new - it has had a fair amount of use.

Weekend!!! I had to do 4 to get my minimum skills.

Badge

PS I've just done another months of trg, now I am a qualified "low structure" firie. Even though I've been to a fully involved house fire.

Next its all the Breathing Apparatus and Search and Rescue.
I've got another weekend next month to learn all about hoses and stuff, you know, rolling them out and then back up again.

I've also got to do 20 hours of controlled burning before I get allowed to a proper, out of control fire.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 7:25 am
Badge

I've got another weekend next month to learn all about hoses and stuff, you know, rolling them out and then back up again.

I've also got to do 20 hours of controlled burning before I get allowed to a proper, out of control fire.
I see. I always manage to be busy when we do all the rolling up. Purely tedious.

Quite mean now at bowling out. It's hard to get them dead straight. They have a tendency to swing in or out - like a bowl.(!) A quick flick of the wrist can correct it sometimes.

Badge

Old Aug 1st 2005, 7:38 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

What a disapointment i thought i was in for an early morning treat

only kidding, well done, i bet you have been strutting your stuff indoors with the full kit on haven't you
Old Aug 1st 2005, 7:41 am
Badge

Originally Posted by louise4
What a disapointment i thought i was in for an early morning treat

only kidding, well done, i bet you have been strutting your stuff indoors with the full kit on haven't you
If he's anything like me....

Renth - I had to wait a while to get the structural jacket. What colour is yours (when you get them) or are you just wildfire?

Badge

Old Aug 1st 2005, 7:43 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Badge
If he's anything like me....

Badge
Maybe you could both get together and do a video for all of us at BE. we would all love to see your shiny helmets
Old Aug 1st 2005, 7:50 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by louise4
Maybe you could both get together and do a video for all of us at BE. we would all love to see your shiny helmets
Ok I'll second that

Seriously though Renth, I am totally in awe of all you guys who go off and do such worthwhile things. Much respect coming your way.

Anne
Old Aug 1st 2005, 7:52 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ELLJAY
Heh well done ! that's fantastic

I could say something witty like "I like a guy in uniform" - but you could be a woman

so I'll just say Congratulations
For just a moment lets pretend Renth is a woman, what would you say?
Old Aug 1st 2005, 8:05 am
been there........

TheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud of

For those of you still in the UK, one of the best ways to meet friendly, helpful people here is to join some voluntary group. The range is enormous - everything from Public Speaking, to visiting lonely old folk in their homes, though few demand that you actually put your life on the line, like the volunteer fire-fighters - and you are sure to find one that fits with your interests.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 8:06 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

If you need someone to polish your helmet, slide down your pole or give you a hand with your hose look no further...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.