Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Does anyone live between Gladstone and Mackay?

Does anyone live between Gladstone and Mackay?

Old Nov 18th 2007, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

Latona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud of
Default Re: Does anyone live between Gladstone and Mackay?

If your moving to sarina then youll have to grow an extra head thats the opinion of the locals in mackay , not ours as we havnt formed one yet.
but the tats and beard will help

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Have started work on the ZZ Top beard already, much to the dismay of 'er indoors! PMSL!!! As for the mullet, that aint never gonna happen - gonna shave it even shorter and get me some o' them wrap around blacker than black bikie stylee sunnies!! Should fit RIGHT in with the yocals then! Oh yeah, and gotta get me arms sorted out - all over tatts is the go aint it?

Shit Bobby, hadn't even thought about that!
Was just saying last night that we have a craving for another one soon?
I can sense a 'trip to the curry hoose' coming on very soon!
Old Nov 18th 2007, 4:22 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Latona
If your moving to sarina then youll have to grow an extra head thats the opinion of the locals in mackay , not ours as we havnt formed one yet.
but the tats and beard will help
LOL!!!

Yeah, working on that - got a bloody great zit on my right cheek (face not arse) that's making it's bid to become the second head!!
Old Nov 18th 2007, 9:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
haveya mentioned , going rate is $99 p/p/p/night Bobby !! lolol
Breakfast extra !
Old Nov 18th 2007, 10:25 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

I have the chance of a job up the coast in one of two destinations; Callemondah Nr Gladstone and Sarina Nr Mackay.

Have done all my research etc....but wondered if anyone on BE lives there and can give me the lowdown?

We are currently trying to decide wether to up sticks and go for it or not - the job isn't definite yet but we are trying to be prepared should the offer come through

So, anyone got any opinions on these parts?
If you choose the Sarina option, the place to live would be either Mackay or one of the southern beaches. Sarina itself stinks, due to the ethanol plant in town.
Old Dec 27th 2007, 12:26 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

I have the chance of a job up the coast in one of two destinations; Callemondah Nr Gladstone and Sarina Nr Mackay.

Have done all my research etc....but wondered if anyone on BE lives there and can give me the lowdown?

We are currently trying to decide wether to up sticks and go for it or not - the job isn't definite yet but we are trying to be prepared should the offer come through

not sure if youve made your mind up yet but we are in tannum sands just outside gladstone we love here we get to live next to the beach and have kangaroos hoping round the garden we find we have everything we need here and theres plenty of work available
Old Dec 27th 2007, 3:01 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wmoore
Biggy lives between the two and she loves giving out opinions
oh how did i manage to miss this one lol
Old Dec 27th 2007, 3:08 am

I am in Yeppoon which is about an hour half drive north of Gladstone, never been but kids been to Tannum Sands on school camos and loved it. Mackay is over 4 hours north of us, went there once and came back home the same day......just didnt like the place..and we seemed to happen upon the ruddest people, who thought we were tourists and wanted to rip us off, but have heard a lot of peeps who love it. With its close priximity to the mines, house prices are rocketing as are rentals. My advice would be to take a few days and drive up visit the places then make up ya mind. Best of luck.
Old Dec 27th 2007, 5:16 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Well, heres the go lol.

My mate lives and works in MAckay, and in his words, it is expanding exponentially. He is earning twice what we are in Brisbane.

I have never ventured up that far, and to be honest, I would I think feel a tad isolated. Possibly because I am so used to SEQ now.

I reckon, you should stay down here personally.. if you CAN!

1. you have a good circle of friends now
2. you live in a great area
3. kaz has a job, so gets her out from under your feet.
4. you know the area, and its becoming more and more familiar.

I must admit, tho, It has to be easier for you guys, that it would us, as we have several dogs kids and 3.2 billion flies to relocate.

I havent got any issues with where I live, as long as i am moving up the property ladder or at least sideways i feel happy, but I do hear Mackay is beautiful ( not sure between there and gladstone ( its about 5 hr drive isnt it ))

Mate, least you will be away from that Welsh Fella Soapy !!

Sounds like you have to have a comfort zone round you. Life is an adventure for living. Never live with regrets or what if.
Old Dec 27th 2007, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

My mates were looking to move over that way and have been on a couple of reccies. His brother has been posted to Gladstone from NZ.

Apparently Gladstone has a bit of a boom going on- so house prices are escalating wildly.there is lots of industry and is attracting lots of engineers- could you live amongst engineers????
Old Dec 27th 2007, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Pomster
My mates were looking to move over that way and have been on a couple of reccies. His brother has been posted to Gladstone from NZ.

Apparently Gladstone has a bit of a boom going on- so house prices are escalating wildly.there is lots of industry and is attracting lots of engineers- could you live amongst engineers????
yeah Gladstone is very up and coming...probs a better bet house wise than mackay....too much money in Mackay with the mines...people will pay silly money for housing
Old Dec 30th 2007, 4:13 am
Forum Regular

bjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pomster

Lots of jobs for Engineers here in Gladstone.