Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know when/where the Xmas GMTV thing is?

Does anyone know when/where the Xmas GMTV thing is?

Old Oct 27th 2006, 1:10 am
JDH
Just Joined

JDH is just really niceJDH is just really niceJDH is just really niceJDH is just really niceJDH is just really niceJDH is just really niceJDH is just really niceJDH is just really nice
Default Does anyone know when/where the Xmas GMTV thing is?

You know when GMTV goes to the different cities so the Brits can wave to their families etc. Does anyone know when this is for each city this year, it's usually the week before Xmas. And does anyone know where.

Has anyone been before?

Thanks

Old Oct 27th 2006, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

Angelap is a jewel in the roughAngelap is a jewel in the roughAngelap is a jewel in the roughAngelap is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Does anyone know when/where the Xmas GMTV thing is?

Originally Posted by JDH
You know when GMTV goes to the different cities so the Brits can wave to their families etc. Does anyone know when this is for each city this year, it's usually the week before Xmas. And does anyone know where.

Has anyone been before?

Thanks

Hi there!
Check out the GMTV website-all dates & times are on there.We went to Cottesloe in Perth last year(bring a banner!!) and it was so much fun-people just randomly come up to you if they spot youre from their "neck of the woods!!!".
You can also post a message to family @ home from the website-ours came up on telly in UK& everyone was shocked! They play it every 30mins over there,so they dont have to be glued to telly all the time.
I rang mum to warn her she "might" see us -but she was watching the BBC saying "I havnt seen anything yet!!!"-so check theyre on the right Chanel!!!!!
All in all very good fun-but at the time of day its held it may be very hot -so make sure youre well covered-esp the children-lots of fluids in the picnic bags too!!
keep us posted
Ange
Old Oct 27th 2006, 2:33 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

I remember watching that at Chrsitmas (From the UK) on Cottesloe beach and laughing!!! How many Brits were on the beach on christmas day trying to get on TV, saying hello to everyone at home?!?! I though it was a brilliant idea.

No doubt, if it's on this year, I will be doing exactly the same!!!
Old Oct 27th 2006, 3:00 am
JDH
Just Joined

JDH is just really niceJDH is just really niceJDH is just really niceJDH is just really niceJDH is just really niceJDH is just really niceJDH is just really niceJDH is just really nice

Originally Posted by claire edwards
I remember watching that at Chrsitmas (From the UK) on Cottesloe beach and laughing!!! How many Brits were on the beach on christmas day trying to get on TV, saying hello to everyone at home?!?! I though it was a brilliant idea.

No doubt, if it's on this year, I will be doing exactly the same!!!

I saw the Sydney one and everybody was somewhere in the harbour with the bridge in background, GMTV teams up with one of the tv stations over here, either 9 or 10 but can't remember which.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

Karen72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JDH

Has anyone been before?

Thanks

Hi I've recently been in touch with GMTV about the dates and places, they are in perth on 22nd dec and sydney on 20th Dec and they are in aucland NZ on 21st december. I'm gutted, we're in Brisbane and I really wanted to go! karen.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 3:25 am
JDH
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Karen72
Hi I've recently been in touch with GMTV about the dates and places, they are in perth on 22nd dec and sydney on 20th Dec and they are in aucland NZ on 21st december. I'm gutted, we're in Brisbane and I really wanted to go! karen.

hi karen, sorry you won't be able to make it.
i'm in sydney so should be able to do that one, do you know where they are and what time etc. my mom would just love it if she saw us.
thanks
Old Oct 27th 2006, 3:26 am
JDH
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Angelap
Hi there!
Check out the GMTV website-all dates & times are on there.We went to Cottesloe in Perth last year(bring a banner!!) and it was so much fun-people just randomly come up to you if they spot youre from their "neck of the woods!!!".
You can also post a message to family @ home from the website-ours came up on telly in UK& everyone was shocked! They play it every 30mins over there,so they dont have to be glued to telly all the time.
I rang mum to warn her she "might" see us -but she was watching the BBC saying "I havnt seen anything yet!!!"-so check theyre on the right Chanel!!!!!
All in all very good fun-but at the time of day its held it may be very hot -so make sure youre well covered-esp the children-lots of fluids in the picnic bags too!!
keep us posted
Ange

hiya, thanks for replying, do you have the link as i can't find it on their website, would like to do the sydney one and do the message thing too. thanks
Old Oct 27th 2006, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

Karen72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JDH
hi karen, sorry you won't be able to make it.
i'm in sydney so should be able to do that one, do you know where they are and what time etc. my mom would just love it if she saw us.
thanks

sorry i don't know exactly where but if you go on gm.tv there is an email facility for questions and they are pretty prompt in replying.
hope this helps. karen.x
Old Oct 27th 2006, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JDH
hiya, thanks for replying, do you have the link as i can't find it on their website, would like to do the sydney one and do the message thing too. thanks
Hi there is no direct link I just had to email the question. karen.x