Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know when 'get a new life' is on?

Does anyone know when 'get a new life' is on?

Old Aug 1st 2005, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

dh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud of
Question Does anyone know when 'get a new life' is on?

Hi,
It seems that every night I flick through all the possible channels, seeing whats on for the whole evening, looking for the programmes 'get a new life' and 'get a new life down under' and cant find sound nor sight!!
I think I may well have seen everyone made but I never bore of watching them.
I have recently caught a couple on a Monday night and occasionally on a Saturday night, but there seems to be no set day or time- or am I wrong?

Does anyone know when any are scheduled or on at the moment, I would be grateful.

Thanks, Donna

p.s) Has anyone ever tried to get on these programmes??
Old Aug 1st 2005, 4:10 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone know when 'get a new life' is on?

Originally Posted by dh1905
Hi,
It seems that every night I flick through all the possible channels, seeing whats on for the whole evening, looking for the programmes 'get a new life' and 'get a new life down under' and cant find sound nor sight!!
I think I may well have seen everyone made but I never bore of watching them.
I have recently caught a couple on a Monday night and occasionally on a Saturday night, but there seems to be no set day or time- or am I wrong?

Does anyone know when any are scheduled or on at the moment, I would be grateful.

Thanks, Donna

p.s) Has anyone ever tried to get on these programmes??

hiya donna

new life down under is on on sunday night at 9.30pm on discovery lifestyle
hope you enjoy ( we do its the highlight of our week ) how sad !!!!

jan & gaz xx
Old Aug 1st 2005, 4:33 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robos

hiya donna

new life down under is on on sunday night at 9.30pm on discovery lifestyle
hope you enjoy ( we do its the highlight of our week ) how sad !!!!

jan & gaz xx
Sorry but last night was the last one on that channel but I heard it was going to be on Tuesdays on discovery travel.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 7:50 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
Sorry but last night was the last one on that channel but I heard it was going to be on Tuesdays on discovery travel.
A PLACE down under is on Discovery Travel & Living on Tuesdays. I think most of us have seen them all many times before. I have seen my last one as I am playing golf tonight and NTL is being cut off next Monday. Bye bye Mandy Skeggs, I will miss you
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 10:43 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
........ and NTL is being cut off next Monday.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you, but I bet those NTL bills (and later reminders for unpaid bills) will keep on coming looooong after you've stopped using them

Gina
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 10:55 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh, we were short listed for last series (they are not making any more of this particualr show by the way). We were not "a sure thing" as it were - more like a "happy go lucky" risk - financially speaking. They called and said they would be up to interview us with-in the week. When they never called back, I called to ask (obviously on tenderhooks!) No respect for our situation, fobbed off and left on the shelf as it were! Seemed like a good idea at the time....Having now migrated though...trust me...you don't want a camera crew breathing down your neck 24/7 hopeing you will breakdown for the cameras. It's a harrowing enough experience - even when it's the best thing you've ever done!
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 12:34 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Keeping my fingers crossed for you, but I bet those NTL bills (and later reminders for unpaid bills) will keep on coming looooong after you've stopped using them

Gina
It has already started with NTL . I wrote to them 2 weeks ago asking to cut off on 8th August. A week or so later someone rang to confirm our request and said someone would be in touch to arrange collection of the box. Then a week ago we couldn't get any channels. I called them asking if this was because they had cut us off early (it wasn't, it was a technical problem with the box) but good job I did call as they had no record of my request to terminate on their system at all! It took me 55 minutes to get through to them and check this (The first 10 talking to someone in India who just transferred me to an even longer queue). They have promised to backdate my credit and cut me off as requested but I don't imagine for one minute it will go smoothly. I will cancel the direct debit on the 8th then tell them where to stick it if they harass me.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

dh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud of

thanks all, just read back through replies, and its Tuesday so going to have a look for it now...

Donna x