Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know anything about identifying bites?

Does anyone know anything about identifying bites?

Old May 4th 2005, 11:24 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Does anyone know anything about identifying bites?

This is strange. Last night i had a dream i was bitten on the ankle by a snake and it woke me up and i was itching it like mad. I just turned over and went back to sleep, i had watched "Kill Bill 2" earlier and put it down to that

This am i got up (very gingerly due to footie training last night) and jumped in the shower. The second the water touched my ankle it started to sting like mad. On closer investigation i have 2 puncher wounds very close together on my ankle, they are not swollen at all but the area around them is a purply colour.

I'm not panicking or anything, i'm just more intrieged (or would be if i could work out how to spell it) as to what could have bitten me hard enough to wake me up (especially after training!! )

Any ideas??
Old May 4th 2005, 11:25 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does anyone know anything about identifying bites?

Originally Posted by hevs
This is strange. Last night i had a dream i was bitten on the ankle by a snake and it woke me up and i was itching it like mad. I just turned over and went back to sleep, i had watched "Kill Bill 2" earlier and put it down to that

This am i got up (very gingerly due to footie training last night) and jumped in the shower. The second the water touched my ankle it started to sting like mad. On closer investigation i have 2 puncher wounds very close together on my ankle, they are not swollen at all but the area around them is a purply colour.

I'm not panicking or anything, i'm just more intrieged (or would be if i could work out how to spell it) as to what could have bitten me hard enough to wake me up (especially after training!! )

Any ideas??
What has HUP been up to?
Old May 4th 2005, 11:29 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thats the second Nasty thats had a go at you isn't it! You do attract them Hevs
Old May 4th 2005, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Any ideas??

Got any of these symptoms?

Dislike of garlic
pale complexion
sunlight allergy
immortality
thirst for the blood of young maidens
lack of reflection
ability to transmutate into a winged mammal after dark?
Old May 4th 2005, 11:34 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by matt-and-jenny
Got any of these symptoms?

Dislike of garlic
pale complexion
sunlight allergy
immortality
thirst for the blood of young maidens
lack of reflection
ability to transmutate into a winged mammal after dark?
LOL
Old May 4th 2005, 11:40 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

PMSL!!!

Yeah you're funny

Poll, this ones weired cos i am bitten a lot (sweet blood me) But usually they swell, this hasn't? Its very strange.

M and J, we do have bats fly round our lounge window every night, you don't think?? Surely not :scared:
Old May 5th 2005, 1:44 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Any ideas??
Sounds like a spider bite, (no idea what spider though) I get them quite a lot they come out of the ground under our washing line and have a munch on my feet. The lump comes up a kinda purple colour and is quite small and hard, similar in size to the pin head (the small plastic ball type pin head)

It usually looses its colour in a few days but the hard lump takes about 10 days to shrink to nothing. I have ocasional felt a bit ill after a bite but never ill enough to visit the DR.

Once the stinging goes which takes a day or 2 it itches like crazy whilst shrinking.

Damp weather seems to bring them out more

Kala
Old May 5th 2005, 1:47 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JayDeee
Sounds like a spider bite, (no idea what spider though) I get them quite a lot they come out of the ground under our washing line and have a munch on my feet. The lump comes up a kinda purple colour and is quite small and hard, similar in size to the pin head (the small plastic ball type pin head)

It usually looses its colour in a few days but the hard lump takes about 10 days to shrink to nothing. I have ocasional felt a bit ill after a bite but never ill enough to visit the DR.

Once the stinging goes which takes a day or 2 it itches like crazy whilst shrinking.

Damp weather seems to bring them out more

Kala
Kala, no offence but your place (or Geraldton) sounds a complete nightmare for "nasties" :scared: If you're not having millions of fly things land on you, you are being over run and eaten by red backs and others oh and not to mention the garden being surrounded by Golden Orbs. Sounds far worse up there than anywhere else in the world
Old May 5th 2005, 8:31 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Is she dead yet?
Old May 5th 2005, 8:41 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

OMG just the thought of a spider or a bat or anything being in my bedroom let alone my bed around my ankle makes me feel sick.

Hevs hope you are ok and fine out what it is.
Old May 5th 2005, 9:09 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

It wasn't me!
Old May 5th 2005, 9:28 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by cresta57
It wasn't me!
Bet it was you!!!

How you doing Hevs? Ypu still out there mate??
Old May 5th 2005, 9:36 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, can't help - I can only recognise the purpley mouth shaped ones generally found on the necks of teenagers. ugh!

Let us know if you're still alive by the evening!

Nicky
Old May 5th 2005, 10:58 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Hi all,

Still alive and feel fine (apart from sore legs from footie) But the spider bite, as many Aussie clients were shown it to confirm, is now stranger. It has a kind of brownish discolouration running down from it, like blood but not, its dry and kind of scab like. Its not painful or itchy until water goes on it

Anyway, thanks for your concern, i'm off to work to live another day
Old May 6th 2005, 2:11 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Still alive and feel fine (apart from sore legs from footie) But the spider bite, as many Aussie clients were shown it to confirm, is now stranger. It has a kind of brownish discolouration running down from it, like blood but not, its dry and kind of scab like. Its not painful or itchy until water goes on it

Anyway, thanks for your concern, i'm off to work to live another day
Could you nip out in your lunch and sort out some life insurance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.