Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know?

Does anyone know?

Old Jun 22nd 2005, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

Lunnons is a jewel in the roughLunnons is a jewel in the roughLunnons is a jewel in the roughLunnons is a jewel in the rough
Default Does anyone know?

Our sponsor has had his interview and the tax office has sent a letter showing his earnings to Centerlink - does anyone know how long until we hear about sending off our sponsor money? Who hears first? - our agent says she won't hear about the request for the sponsorship money, a letter would go to the sponsor and us. Is this right? If so how long does it take? It was nearly four weeks ago now that our sponsor had his interview.
Also when do they make that phone call to your employer?
Before asking for the sponsorship money?
I know it has not been long to wait yet but I thought after the interview things would go along alot quicker.
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 7:36 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Does anyone know?

Originally Posted by Lunnons
Our sponsor has had his interview and the tax office has sent a letter showing his earnings to Centerlink - does anyone know how long until we hear about sending off our sponsor money? Who hears first? - our agent says she won't hear about the request for the sponsorship money, a letter would go to the sponsor and us. Is this right? If so how long does it take? It was nearly four weeks ago now that our sponsor had his interview.
I know it has not been long to wait yet but I thought after the interview things would go along alot quicker.
I'm sorry, I can't help you with this but maybe you should add a little more info to your thread title. Might give you more of a response.
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 11:02 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
I'm sorry, I can't help you with this but maybe you should add a little more info to your thread title. Might give you more of a response.
It's also generally a better idea to ask immigration questions on the immigration forum.
There is more chance of a response there.

Jeremy
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 11:38 am
Phoenixuk2oz

- does anyone know how long until we hear about sending off our sponsor money?
All happens within 2 weeks of appointment with Centrelink providing sponsor satisfies Tax payment criteria.

Who hears first?
When bond has been paid, Assurer receives a letter to advise everything OK to go ahead with DIMIA

our agent says she won't hear about the request for the sponsorship money, a letter would go to the sponsor and us. Is this right?
To your sponsor as far as I'm aware.

If so how long does it take? It was nearly four weeks ago now that our sponsor had his interview.
Anytime now

Apologies as don't know

Good luck and hope you hear soon