Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Does Anyone Have A Reference That I Could Use As A Guideline

Does Anyone Have A Reference That I Could Use As A Guideline

Old Oct 5th 2004, 2:53 pm
ROOFER

roofer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Does Anyone Have A Reference That I Could Use As A Guideline

Just Need To See A Detailed Reference To Give Me A Guidleine As To What Is Required By The Tra. My Previous Employers Are All Rooftilers And I Dont Think Most Ofthem Are Up To Date When It Comes To Writing References...

I Have Over 20 Years Experience In My Trade As A Rooftiler/slater.

Can Anyone Out There Help Me

Come On You Guys

Its Doin Ma Head In

Roofer
Old Oct 5th 2004, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Atticus will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Does Anyone Have A Reference That I Could Use As A Guideline

TRA website www.workplace.gov.au states what is recognised but from memory:-

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

Your name, job title, job description (very detailed as to what you did exactly), hours worked, salary received, add in a bit about you being a sound guy etc but mostly its about what you did, what tools you used, and the hours you worked - you can write the reference yourself and have them sign it - if they have headed paper get them to print it out on that if they do not its not the end of the world - as long as you have the name, address, email/telephone of the person providing reference so that if TRA/DIMIA were to check up they are able to contact this person - also important remember to date the letters.

Also if you do a search for "TRA" hear and in the oz/nz immigration section should come up with more stuff/info

all the best
Old Oct 5th 2004, 3:26 pm
ROOFER

Originally Posted by Atticus
TRA website www.workplace.gov.au states what is recognised but from memory:-

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

Your name, job title, job description (very detailed as to what you did exactly), hours worked, salary received, add in a bit about you being a sound guy etc but mostly its about what you did, what tools you used, and the hours you worked - you can write the reference yourself and have them sign it - if they have headed paper get them to print it out on that if they do not its not the end of the world - as long as you have the name, address, email/telephone of the person providing reference so that if TRA/DIMIA were to check up they are able to contact this person - also important remember to date the letters.

Also if you do a search for "TRA" hear and in the oz/nz immigration section should come up with more stuff/info

all the best
ATTICUS

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH , VERY MUCH APPRECIATED

THANKS AGAIN

ROOFER
Old Oct 5th 2004, 6:07 pm
AJR
Forum Regular

AJR is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Roofer
i have sent you a pm.

Alan
Old Oct 6th 2004, 3:27 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Hi There
Hubby is a roofer and yes I typed up his reference and gave it in to be signed, well these building types are pretty un-educated in writing skills. I should have a copy so will try and scan it and email it to you. We forgot to put a date on it though and that messed it up, so remember to date it.
Jenny
Old Oct 6th 2004, 8:26 am
ROOFER

Originally Posted by jensteve
Hi There
Hubby is a roofer and yes I typed up his reference and gave it in to be signed, well these building types are pretty un-educated in writing skills. I should have a copy so will try and scan it and email it to you. We forgot to put a date on it though and that messed it up, so remember to date it.
Jenny
hi jensteve,

thank you very much, that would be much appreciated, it aint easy!!!! He knows what he wants to say but just cant get it down on the paper!!!!!

Have you both left the UK, Where abouts are you both, is there work there for rooftilers????? We have a sister that lives in Perth.... Trying to get all the information together at the minute (bloody stressfull) got a stat declaration to do as well!!! how uch info did you hand in to the TRA? God we dont really know where to start....
Im glad we got on this website

thanks again, looking forward to hearing from you

roofer
Old Oct 6th 2004, 8:49 am
ROOFER

Originally Posted by AJR
Hi Roofer
i have sent you a pm.

Alan
HI ALAN,

WOT IS A PM????

I WOULD APPRECIATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN GIVE ME ON REFERENCES - STAT DECLARATIONS ..... IT'S NOT EASY

THANKS AGAIN

KIND REGARDS

ROOFER
Old Oct 6th 2004, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

thedrys is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by roofer
HI ALAN,

WOT IS A PM????

I WOULD APPRECIATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN GIVE ME ON REFERENCES - STAT DECLARATIONS ..... IT'S NOT EASY

THANKS AGAIN

KIND REGARDS

ROOFER
PM is a private message. Click on Private Messages at the top of your page and it will take you to your own private in and out box. You can e-mail anyone privately via this route. Good Luck!