Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Does anyone fancy a midwinter Melbourne curry night?

Does anyone fancy a midwinter Melbourne curry night?

Old Jun 24th 2008, 10:10 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Does anyone fancy a midwinter Melbourne curry night?

Hello fellow poppadom conoisseurs,

It's been a long time since we had a curry night. I have, in my extensive and expensive research on the subject, found a reasonably "English" curry house in Bayside Melbourne, Parkdale to be precise, slap bang next to the train station. The decor is suitably shabby and out-of-date, the background music is suitably corny, the service is suitably slow and the food is pretty remeniscent of your average post-lagers-down-the-fox-and-ferrett curry, at least as near that as I've found here.

So lets start planning, and arrange a date for a winter warmer.

Anyone interested?

Buzzy
Old Jun 24th 2008, 10:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone fancy a midwinter Melbourne curry night?

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee

It's been a long time since we had a curry night. I have, in my extensive and expensive research on the subject, found a reasonably "English" curry house in Bayside Melbourne, Parkdale to be precise, slap bang next to the train station. The decor is suitably shabby and out-of-date, the background music is suitably corny, the service is suitably slow and the food is pretty remeniscent of your average post-lagers-down-the-fox-and-ferrett curry, at least as near that as I've found here.

Anyone interested?

Buzzy
I'll come, but under an assumed name.

Cheers
Old Jun 24th 2008, 10:24 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Does anyone fancy a midwinter Melbourne curry night?

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I'll come, but under an assumed name.

Cheers

I thought "Badge" was an assumed name.

Buzzy
Old Jun 24th 2008, 10:31 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee

Anyone interested?

Buzzy
Sounds perfect.... Let's nominate now for who will vomit and who will start a fight. I have already voted myself for woman crying into pint with poppodum stuck in bra. Margaret has nominated herself for skirt tucked into knickers. Herrchook has nominated herself for peeing all over the bathroom.

Class...it follows with you.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 10:36 am
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

I think you can count us in Mr Bee. As long as it's not like the last venue in Bentleigh Still can't believe they ran out of beer!!

Can we expect to see Mrs Bee too ? Would be nice to catch up with you guys as we didn't get much of a chance to chat last time.

Al
Old Jun 24th 2008, 10:42 am
Victorian Evangelist

Originally Posted by bigAPE
I think you can count us in Mr Bee. As long as it's not like the last venue in Bentleigh Still can't believe they ran out of beer!!

Can we expect to see Mrs Bee too ? Would be nice to catch up with you guys as we didn't get much of a chance to chat last time.

Al
If we eat early enough you could expect to see the Buzzettes as well! They were a significant part of my research into this particular establishment.

Buzzy
Old Jun 24th 2008, 9:25 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

count me in - maybe OH too but it depends when it is.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

steve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the rough

wow thats a 5 min walk from the in-laws!

Let me know the date and I will see what I can do!
Old Jun 30th 2008, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

sally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nice

You can always count on having a bad curry with equally bad service in Melbourne!!
Sounds good to us, depending on the date - we're off to the UK for a holiday mid July so may have to give it a miss.
S.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 10:08 pm
Victorian Evangelist

I'll suggest a date shortly.

I was most amused by the PM I received saying someone couldn't make it because they had something else on when a date has not even been set yet

Buzzy
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

ozdreamer will become famous soon enoughozdreamer will become famous soon enough

We would definately be interested in coming if its OK to bring our two boys (14 & 11) as they would never forgive us for having a curry without them....its the one food they miss from ther UK

Amanda & Graham
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 8:41 am
Victorian Evangelist

How does the evening of Saturday August 2nd sound for anyone?

Buzzy
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

ozdreamer will become famous soon enoughozdreamer will become famous soon enough

sounds good to us
Old Jul 6th 2008, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

Sianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the rough

Count us in (Sian & Simon). Looking forward to it!
Old Jul 6th 2008, 6:31 am
Victorian Evangelist

Excellent. That's a few for starters.

I noticed that there are 2 Indian restaurants in that strip of shops so I will make sure I identify the right one.

Buzzy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.