Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Does anyone fancy a midwinter Melbourne curry night?

Does anyone fancy a midwinter Melbourne curry night?

Old Jul 25th 2008, 2:40 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Does anyone fancy a midwinter Melbourne curry night?

Originally Posted by The Crow Family
Is the Kasturi obvious?

Pete

Very.

It's the one full of drunken poms

Buzzy
Old Jul 25th 2008, 3:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice
Default Re: Does anyone fancy a midwinter Melbourne curry night?

The address is:

5/20a Beach St,
Frankston VIC 3199
Tel: (03) 9770 5505

Melway Ref: 100A D5

It's on the non-beach side of the Nepean H.Way which leads down towards the Bayside Shopping Centre. If you actually get the the shopping centre (past Myer) you've gone too far. I think it's pretty close to Aussie Disposals.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 3:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice

Just found their website http://www.kasturi.com.au/content/location.html
Old Jul 25th 2008, 3:10 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline, it goes without saying of course that if you find it revolting tonight you may wish to book the Spice Club or whatever it is called instead....

Buzzy
Old Jul 25th 2008, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

Sianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Caroline G
Yes, happy to make the booking.

BTW There's a First Choice Liquor in Bayside Shopping centre nearby but I'm not sure what time it's open until but the BWS drive thru bottle shop on the Nepean H.Way(along from the Frankston Foreshore Bridge that's lit up) is usually open until late.
Thanks Caroline!
Looks like there'll be a few of us after all. We're planning on getting the train so we can both have a drink, and it'll be double celebration as its OH (Simon) Birthday on the Sunday.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 7:18 am
Just Joined

Jaqs is an unknown quantity at this point

Count me in - just wee me and my thoroughly good scottish appetite for curry and booze!! What is the name of the restuarant and what time???
Old Jul 25th 2008, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Caroline, it goes without saying of course that if you find it revolting tonight you may wish to book the Spice Club or whatever it is called instead....

Buzzy
Count us in Buzzy, it will be great to meet up with you and the family at last.

Stevens Family (Cheryl and Garry plus two children)

Thanks, looking forward to it.

Cheryl
Old Jul 25th 2008, 7:58 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Excellent! This is the first curry night we have done with kids, so should be great, nobody has to get babysitters!

Buzzy
Old Jul 26th 2008, 1:06 am
Just Joined

TandV is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it too late to add two more to the list, Mark and I havent had a curry in ages?

Vicky
Old Jul 26th 2008, 2:30 am
Victorian Evangelist

Originally Posted by TandV
Is it too late to add two more to the list, Mark and I havent had a curry in ages?

Vicky
the more the merrier

Buzzy
Old Jul 26th 2008, 2:53 am
Just Joined

Jaqs is an unknown quantity at this point

I have heard that the one in mount eliza is really good - but i have not been there. I will come along on the 2nd late or early. If it is early, there is always time to move on to the pub later.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

The Kasturi gets the thumbs up by us

The service and food was good. Obviously, it's not a replica of the UK Curry Houses but they make a good meal especially the breads. The restaurant was busy and lots of people were coming in for take-aways. They were accommodating when our friend asked for chicken breast instead of thigh. So if you want something specifically I would suggest you phone ahead and ask. Prices aren't bad too either. There's also a Dan Murphys nearby.

I've made a booking but if anymore people want to come put your names down as I'll ring a couple of days before to confirm numbers.

The table is booked in the name of Simon.

BTW We tried the Rasoi in Mt.Eliza a few times. The first meal we had was great but the next two takeaways weren't so fantastic. I tend to order the lamb or beef dishes instead of chicken as they just seem to be better. The Vietnamese and both Thai restaurants are good. We also like Verdi.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 4:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jaqs
I have heard that the one in mount eliza is really good - but i have not been there. I will come along on the 2nd late or early. If it is early, there is always time to move on to the pub later.
Hi Jaqs - The venue is Kasturi in Frankston at 6pm on Sat 2nd Aug (See the previous posts for full details)
Old Jul 27th 2008, 6:36 am
Just Joined

Chelsea girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Hello fellow poppadom conoisseurs,

It's been a long time since we had a curry night. I have, in my extensive and expensive research on the subject, found a reasonably "English" curry house in Bayside Melbourne, Parkdale to be precise, slap bang next to the train station. The decor is suitably shabby and out-of-date, the background music is suitably corny, the service is suitably slow and the food is pretty remeniscent of your average post-lagers-down-the-fox-and-ferrett curry, at least as near that as I've found here.

So lets start planning, and arrange a date for a winter warmer.

Anyone interested?

Buzzy
HI

Been living in Oz now for 4 months approx. New to the site my husband Hadleigh,Daughter Georgina (8) and Myself Bev would love to go for a curry and meet up with a few other expats. Can you add us to your list and send me a Pm to let us know exact time,date and venue. cheers
Old Jul 29th 2008, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Anymore takers?

See previous posts (just above) for date, place, time etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.