Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Does anyone fancy a midwinter Melbourne curry night?

Does anyone fancy a midwinter Melbourne curry night?

Old Jul 10th 2008, 8:44 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Does anyone fancy a midwinter Melbourne curry night?

Originally Posted by ljj
Tried the (other) Indian in Parkdale last night as a friend had recommended it and her and the kids had a sleep-over last night. It's called Mahan (sp) and don't think I'd be rushing back anytime soon. It wasn't BAD but didn't make me want to go back. The Onion bhajis mind you were the worst I have ever tasted in any country. Maybe it was the time of night we went it was first thing as we wanted to eat early then get back to our house for a good old natter (and wine ...not whine).

The Sithara which is the other Indian in Parkdale is quite nice in my opinion - again I'm sure everywhere can have off days though.

LJJ
If you are looking at the shops Louise which one is the one on the left?

Simon
Old Jul 10th 2008, 10:52 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Does anyone fancy a midwinter Melbourne curry night?

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
If you are looking at the shops Louise which one is the one on the left?

Simon
Mahan (we didn't think much of) near Montezumas, is on the left. Cross the train station and go away from the shops towards Mordialloc.

Sithera is on the right going toward Mentone.

Louise
Old Jul 10th 2008, 8:24 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

OK clearly my original choice was the worst curry house in Bayside and we obviously caught them on a good night!

Let's go for this Zahia's in Balcombe road, August 2nd.

Would anyone like to eat earlier and bring kids? Or do we need to all find babysitters and have a later one?

Buzzy
Old Jul 10th 2008, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

ozdreamer will become famous soon enoughozdreamer will become famous soon enough

eating earlier and bringing kids is good for us

Amanda
Old Jul 11th 2008, 8:36 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light

OK clearly my original choice was the worst curry house in Bayside and we obviously caught them on a good night!

Let's go for this Zahia's in Balcombe road, August 2nd.

Would anyone like to eat earlier and bring kids? Or do we need to all find babysitters and have a later one?

Buzzy

Buzzy, don't feel like that at least you have made a pretty good effort to organise a curry night out. You shouldn't feel you have to explain your choice in food!!
Whenever we have people round for a meal or go out etc. We always say it's the company that's more important.

Good on you for sticking up your hand and organising something. You can't please all of the people all of the time remember!

Have fun! We'll pass as we've been here 5 years now and the kids are at the age we can leave them for an hour or so now so don't feel quite the need to go to everything. We'll be having a houseful the weekend after from the UK so we'll prob be decorating the last minute things in the house - oh joy!

LJJ
Old Jul 12th 2008, 11:19 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Simon, not for me with the kids - nothing against them but I don't have any and it also changes the dynamics of the evening IMO.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

louisethepom will become famous soon enoughlouisethepom will become famous soon enough

Ok so where is it on Aug 2nd and what time, can i bring a friend!
Old Jul 14th 2008, 9:45 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Originally Posted by louisethepom
Ok so where is it on Aug 2nd and what time, can i bring a friend!
Good question. Currently we have 1 vote for early with kids, one vote for late without kids.

Anyone else care to contribute?

Buzzy
Old Jul 14th 2008, 11:21 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Good question. Currently we have 1 vote for early with kids, one vote for late without kids.

Anyone else care to contribute?

Buzzy

What size are you man? Two curries in one evening would be hard to do.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Sianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the rough

We're easy either way, we can do early and bring Harry, or get a sitter and come on our own!
Sorry to sit on the fence
Old Jul 17th 2008, 5:23 am
Just Joined

BrummieBoy73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello fellow poppadom conoisseurs,

It's been a long time since we had a curry night. I have, in my extensive and expensive research on the subject, found a reasonably "English" curry house in Bayside Melbourne, Parkdale to be precise, slap bang next to the train station. The decor is suitably shabby and out-of-date, the background music is suitably corny, the service is suitably slow and the food is pretty remeniscent of your average post-lagers-down-the-fox-and-ferrett curry, at least as near that as I've found here.

So lets start planning, and arrange a date for a winter warmer.

Anyone interested?

Buzzy
I would definitely be up for that. I miss a good curry - not many places you can get one here (although the 'Spice Club' in Frankston is OK.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 9:48 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Originally Posted by BrummieBoy73
I would definitely be up for that. I miss a good curry - not many places you can get one here (although the 'Spice Club' in Frankston is OK.
OK, in view of the praise that has been sung of Kasturi, in Frankston in this thread -

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=549756

I propose we move the curry night there, on August 2nd.

Buzzy
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

LittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really nice

Bum... we are in the city that night and would have loved to have come... we have eaten there twice...the buffet was lovely but when ordering off the menu it was a bit .... bland

We are in Frankston... but interested in the Mnt Eliza one... does anyone know what that is called?
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 4:49 am
Victorian Evangelist

OK, is there anyone who would like to join me and my family for curry in Frankston on 2nd August or will we eat all the poppadoms ourselves

Buzzy
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

We are in Frankston... but interested in the Mnt Eliza one... does anyone know what that is called?[/QUOTE]

The Rasoi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.