Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Does anyone enjoy living in Oz?

Does anyone enjoy living in Oz?

Old Mar 5th 2005, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

oldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really nice
Default Re: Does anyone enjoy living in Oz?

Originally Posted by aussiesoon
Maybe I'm reading the 'return to the UK' forum too much; maybe it's last three weeks nerves; maybe the people who are really enjoying Oz don't post on this site ...

but please, someone tell me that you enjoy living in Australia.

thanks,

Rachel.
I enjoy living in Tasmania... which is "sort of" Australia...!!!
Today we had lovely rain and it is so cold tonight I have my log heater going!!!Such a change from the summer sunshine!! Autumn is here and snow is forecast for the hills!!! Yipee!!! I'm lovin every minute of it....And i so hope you will too...
Old Mar 5th 2005, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

Ansy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aussiesoon
Maybe I'm reading the 'return to the UK' forum too much; maybe it's last three weeks nerves; maybe the people who are really enjoying Oz don't post on this site ...

but please, someone tell me that you enjoy living in Australia.

thanks,

Rachel.
When people are feeling good, they rarely say anything. People tend to comment only when bad things are happening to them. I, personally, love the social lifestyle in Aus, but, I detest my work environment. Thus being a PR has its advantages, I can change jobs as often as I want to or just work for an agency. This is why I love agencies, you work on a contract at a place, if you love it, you extend your contract, if not, you ask the agency to find you another contract. In a nutshell, I love OZ
Old Mar 6th 2005, 8:00 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Slater
Why do loser's like this failure keep posting, most people come here and give something to Australia, that's why they welcome us here. They know that it is a far better life here, they are just societies runts that would not be accepted anywhere. However because of their own inadequacies, they persist in trying to put others off realising their dream. DON'T LISTEN TO THEM, it's better to have the experience and find out for yourselves than to spend the rest of you life wondering, what if.
We have 4 children, we do not post often because we are too busy living the life, the children too, if they had the choice would not go back.

Slater
Quite frankly, I don't think he is a loser. But being comfortable with using that word, I can see you are well on your way to fitting in nicely in Australian society. Did you ever stop to think that perhaps he and other who post messages like this do so due to their experiences here and maybe a desire to give the other side of things to people far away who are planning to give up so much for an unknown quantity?

Australia is basically a bland ,unfriendly, superficial, arrogant country. I totally concur with his comment. And before you say it, YES I am planning to leave.
Old Mar 6th 2005, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Quite frankly, I don't think he is a loser. But being comfortable with using that word, I can see you are well on your way to fitting in nicely in Australian society. Did you ever stop to think that perhaps he and other who post messages like this do so due to their experiences here and maybe a desire to give the other side of things to people far away who are planning to give up so much for an unknown quantity?

Australia is basically a bland ,unfriendly, superficial, arrogant country. I totally concur with his comment. And before you say it, YES I am planning to leave.

are you going back to NZ?
Old Mar 6th 2005, 8:47 am
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

Try the other foot?
Old Mar 6th 2005, 9:04 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by podgypossum
are you going back to NZ?
No. I am planning to go and live in the UK for a while.
Old Mar 6th 2005, 9:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm Maybe, but what are its bad points ?

Actually I can understand that some people could come to the conclusion of Bland, Superficial, and definietly arrogant. Could be your attitude leads to the Unfriendly.

One thing this place isn't is unfreindly, ave a beer love and chill Jill.
Old Mar 6th 2005, 9:30 am
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

No. I am planning to go and live in the UK for a while.
eatstatic has an attic.
Old Mar 6th 2005, 9:42 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

hello

We have only been here for 1 month and we love it! Feels like we have lived here years already, I only Wish we had come out here sooner, I will defo not be going back to the UK if I can help it.

The people here are so friendly, I have lots of peoples phone numbers who have just offered me their numbers and given me help and advice. Only today I was sat in a cafe with JC and this lady asked if we wanted to sit by the fire with her and her daughter as I looked cold, "bless her", then we got talking and when they left her daughter (who was around my age) gave me her number and said if I ever wanted to go out with her and her mates to call her.

Yes we have had some knocks aswell, but you get them everywhere and the pros certainly outweigh the cons here......

Everyone is different tho and you have to try it for yourself so Good luck

laura
x
Old Mar 6th 2005, 10:22 am
Account Closed

Vinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by eatstatic
Better to read the rants of the seriously deluded Daily Mail reading type .
In another post I was "accused" of being a "Daily Mail" reader as though it was a serious affliction. On checking I find that the Daily Mail is mainly anti Blairite Labour. I wonder therefore why other similar newspapers - anti labour - are not quoted or referred to more often. Could it be that the Mail has valid points. Perhaps you would cite a few instances where the Daily Mail has critised the labour crew and got it wrong. Take the 45 minutes warning of attack from Iraq as stated by Crony Blair as your starter for 10. Iraq crawling with WMD. Nearer home better for you ? You could also refer back to his pre - election declaration that " I have no intention to raise direct taxation" Absolutely correct - what is it now 600 stealth taxes and rising?
As for the moaners - if one moans it could be a miserable pig with a grudge...when a lot moan..there must be some substance behind it.

I and my wife want to get to Oz not because of the state of the UK - but because I have wanted to for over 25 years but had family commitments..and now our daughter travels in June and we intend to join her eventually.
Finally, you seem well informed of the contents of the daily Mail...so do we assume your are a regular reader! Chill out
Old Mar 6th 2005, 10:31 am
G&P
Forum Regular

G&P will become famous soon enoughG&P will become famous soon enough

What list are you talking about was it helpful??
Old Mar 6th 2005, 10:33 am
G&P
Forum Regular

Hi Laura,

That is great news and thank you for making my day a little better, you reinforced why I want to make the move. What area are you living in, any luck with jobs yet or are you just settling in at the moment.

Regards
Gillian
Old Mar 6th 2005, 10:43 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G&P
Hi Laura,

That is great news and thank you for making my day a little better, you reinforced why I want to make the move. What area are you living in, any luck with jobs yet or are you just settling in at the moment.

Regards
Gillian

hi Gillian

I have got a job at the moment temping at a near by uni, but there is no shortgage of jobs here, I have been offered a few jobs but I have had to turn them down as at the moment I only need to work part time as I want to visit my dog Montu in quarrentine.

We love it here and feel very settled. The first few days were stressfull, trying to find somewhere to live, car etc.. but once we got a place to live, it got better from there on.

I have posted a really long post on here called "melbourne one month on & dog", i have wrote a really long post about my time here,so far so have a read of that and see what you think, and just PM me if you need to know anything else.

Dont listen to anyone who says its bad or brill, cos at the end of the day its what YOU make it, and as long as you go with a positive outlook, i think you will be fine........
Good luck to you.

laura
xx
Old Mar 6th 2005, 3:23 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
hi Gillian

I have got a job at the moment temping at a near by uni, but there is no shortgage of jobs here, I have been offered a few jobs but I have had to

xx
Hehe, guess what I am doing at a near by Uni in Middlesbrough, PM on way now back from Mother's Day lunch.

Merlot

Old Mar 7th 2005, 8:22 am
G&P
Forum Regular

Hi Laura,

You are absolutely right, and we are both being quite positive and want to get the very best out of the move. We have just accepted a bid on our house which was way more than we expected to get so we know we can give it the absolute best shot. Did you have family in Melbourne, where did you live for the first month, any suggestions? Read your thread on Melbourne one month on etc. it was really good and helpful. Delighted you are doing so well, I am hoping for clerical/admin/pa work so I am not too concerned about work (I hope!), and my husband is a precision engineer and the opportunities seem to be better in Melbourne than anywhere so fingers crossed! Thanks again for the advise!
Kind regards
Gillian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.