Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Does anyone.............

Does anyone.............

Old May 4th 2004, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

midge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant future
Default Does anyone.............

Actually sometimes question themselves if what they are doing is right, and wonder if it really is ever going to happen.

I find myself looking through the forms over and over again, and not really taking in the reality of it all, i guess in case they say NO. But what if that day comes when they say yes, i think i will panic then not knowing what we have let ourselves in for.

Its a weird feeling.
Old May 4th 2004, 12:37 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone.............

Originally posted by midge04
Actually sometimes question themselves if what they are doing is right, and wonder if it really is ever going to happen.

I find myself looking through the forms over and over again, and not really taking in the reality of it all, i guess in case they say NO. But what if that day comes when they say yes, i think i will panic then not knowing what we have let ourselves in for.

Its a weird feeling.
Yep, just about every other week! It's normal, just shows you're thinking about the whole thing properly rather than rushing in to it.
Old May 4th 2004, 12:39 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Its a weird feeling.
(nearly) everyone panics/worries now and again.
It's normal, these are not easy decisions (even if you are young and don't have kids like me, though it does make it easier)

You might want to read this thread:

Go and read the 'returning to the Uk' forum
Old May 4th 2004, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

bonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant future

Its a weird feeling.
Hi Midge,
we always thought theyd say no to us,but then we got out TRA,then we thought we,d fail the meds and pc,but no they passed us,then we thought theres no way we will get granted a pr visa ,Then whola we got it!!!!!!!
We go in 4 weeks and the reality still has not set in yet:scared: The thing that keeps me grounded is we all have 1 life you cant go back to yesterday,so give it a try and if its not for you(or me)so what!! we,ve tried it ,weve given it a go,if it works out FANTASTIC if not ,at least you will have no regrets.
natasha
Old May 4th 2004, 1:16 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

i love all the planning and organisation of it all. Getting the paperwork sorted, booking the meds, police checks, sorting the house, money etc etc etc,.... but at the end of the day i will have to leave here and move to australia!!!!

That's the bit i'm having trouble accepting, it's like it wont be happening to me but someone else, and i'm just organising all this for them. i don't think that it will sink in that it's actually happening to me until long after i've got there!!!

it is a crazy feeling, and a crazy time we're all going through. i can't think of anything to compare it to.
Old May 4th 2004, 1:19 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by bonza69
Hi Midge,
we always thought theyd say no to us,but then we got out TRA,then we thought we,d fail the meds and pc,but no they passed us,then we thought theres no way we will get granted a pr visa ,Then whola we got it!!!!!!!
We go in 4 weeks and the reality still has not set in yet:scared: The thing that keeps me grounded is we all have 1 life you cant go back to yesterday,so give it a try and if its not for you(or me)so what!! we,ve tried it ,weve given it a go,if it works out FANTASTIC if not ,at least you will have no regrets.
natasha

i feel a lot like that. i keep expecting them to turn me down and reject my application, but they keep on passing me!! i think they actually want me to go!...the fools. hehe
Old May 4th 2004, 1:20 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by scutterUK
i love all the planning and organisation of it all. Getting the paperwork sorted, booking the meds, police checks, sorting the house, money etc etc etc,....

You *love* this part???? Are you mad???? Wanna come and do my paperwork for me????!!!!!!
Old May 4th 2004, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

kulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud of

I think everyone has some worries about doing the right thing. I've likened it to when I first got pregnant (bear with me, it makes sense to me!)

First of all it's all very overwhelming and you're not sure about anything, you know you want it to happen but it's all very unknown. Then everything you read and all people seem to be talking about is related to what's happening and relevant to how you're feeling. You worry that you're doing the wrong thing, it's the wrong time, you're not ready, then you worry that something will go wrong and it won't happen at all and that would feel even worse. You know it will be hard but you're also aware that you won't really know just how hard until you get there. The more advise you try to get the more confused you are and everyone has something different to say. So all you can do is wait and hope and try to relax about it find out what you can about the things you're not sure about.

Works for me, but then I'm a bit of a psycho.....................

Lou
Old May 4th 2004, 1:22 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

it is a crazy feeling
Whats even weirder is the feeling when you are here, and it STILL feels like its happening to someone else. Takes a while for it to sink in that you really ARE here and here to stay.:scared: :scared: :scared:

Its all normal, but still a very strange feeling......
Old May 4th 2004, 1:22 pm
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Scutter, if you love all that organizing so much I'll pay you to do mine.

I'm dreading sorting the house, selling all my gear, shipping some bits over, sorting finances here etc etc.......

I'm a bit bone idle at heart and wish I could click my fingers and it would all be sorted!!

Midge - the whole thing is surreal from start to finish, but its normal to wobble, normal to worry and normal to get excited. Anything so unknown is gonna freak you out occasionally. just do what you feelk is right pal!

So.....Scutter........£50 and a crate of Stella for your organisational skills and services..........deal?
Old May 4th 2004, 1:23 pm
life begins again...

Originally posted by bundy
You *love* this part???? Are you mad???? Wanna come and do my paperwork for me????!!!!!!

believe it or not, i actually get a kick out of being stressed yet organised at the same time. ..... although i've been to see the docs recently with a problem, and they think it's stress related... i don't feel stressed at all! but what do they know?

by the way you should see my excel spreadsheet working out my finances. It actually covers my first 12 months in oz, on a weekly basis!! lol

ok i know i'm a creep....but i love it. (maybe i should have been an accountant. lol
Old May 4th 2004, 1:24 pm
life begins again...

..by the way.. i must quickly add i hate the waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm not a patient person.
Old May 4th 2004, 1:27 pm
life begins again...

Originally posted by loose
Scutter, if you love all that organizing so much I'll pay you to do mine.

I'm dreading sorting the house, selling all my gear, shipping some bits over, sorting finances here etc etc.......

I'm a bit bone idle at heart and wish I could click my fingers and it would all be sorted!!

Midge - the whole thing is surreal from start to finish, but its normal to wobble, normal to worry and normal to get excited. Anything so unknown is gonna freak you out occasionally. just do what you feelk is right pal!

So.....Scutter........£50 and a crate of Stella for your organisational skills and services..........deal?

...hmmm maybe there's a career change opportunity here..... ok maybe not on £50 + beer! by the way what services were you after! :scared:
Old May 4th 2004, 1:31 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

he he, I like the organising too!!
THough I'm not as organised as Scutter (yet)

I love filling in forms, emailing with shippers, trying to work out if we will fit everything into 22 m3...

Glad I don't have a house to sell though
Old May 4th 2004, 1:38 pm
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by scutterUK
...hmmm maybe there's a career change opportunity here..... ok maybe not on £50 + beer! by the way what services were you after! :scared:

lol - not those sort of services mate.....My girls been in Oz since the New Year, and I'm still in England, but it hasn't got that bad yet!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.