Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Does anybody live near Rockhampton???

Does anybody live near Rockhampton???

Old Dec 28th 2008, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

mcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant future
Default Does anybody live near Rockhampton???

Hi All,

We've been in "Rocky" for 6 weeks now, there's me, my husband and 13 yr old son would be happy to meet up with any expats for a bbq/drink/ chat etc.

We have come from Coventry in the UK, the only family to be sent from Coventry!!!

We have enjoyed our 1st xmas here even if it was a little sombre not having the rest of the family around for trraditional xmas day dinner..but we did do a barbie on the beach..how surreal!

I am a Mental Health Nurse at the Rockhampton Hospital, the only one working at the moment as my husband is looking for work, so it would be great to meet up with anyone to discuss how they've adjusted and talk about experiences etc.

Get in touch, Lesley
Old Feb 12th 2009, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

BigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Does anybody live near Rockhampton???

me
Old Feb 12th 2009, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

mcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant future

Hi i was begining to think we were the only ones here! how long have yoy been in oz and how are you finding things here?My hubby now has a job and i start a new one on monday so things are starting to fit into place now.
Take care lesley
Old Feb 13th 2009, 10:28 am
Loving Perth!

mand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to all

I don't live near Rockingham but I did come from Coventry so thought I'd reply.... where in good old Cov are you from? I'm originally from Longford & James is from Eastern Green.

We've only been here 3 months ourselves, still trying to get settled but we're making friends through work & getting out and about

We also had a quiet Christmas - very different from a cold English xmas that's for sure! Miss family & friends but certainly don't miss Coventry. Best move we could make I think

Mandy
Old Feb 14th 2009, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

Good to hear from some fellow coventarians!! We came here from styvechale and have also started to make some friends now which is nice . we have some mates that went to perth last feb who are also from cov, whoberley they are really settled now with the kids and schools etc. What do you and your OH do for a living it took my hubby a good 8 weeks or more to get a job which was a little bit stressful as he had a good job with jaguar cars at home. Anyway im sure you will find work soon but if you ebver come to QLd give us a shout.
take care lesley norman and baylee
Old Feb 15th 2009, 3:31 am
Loving Perth!

mand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to all

It took us a little while to find the right jobs. I got a job within the first 3 weeks doing sales admin but hated it from the start so left after less than 4 weeks. I already had an interview lined up when I left & after 2 weeks I was told I had the job but couldn't start until the new year as they were closed for 2 weeks for xmas! I love the job & have made some good mates & the social side of it has been great!

James did CNC machining back in the UK but struggled to find a decent company over here so after 7 weeks of looking he accepted a company trainee role which was very low money. It has given him some much needed Aussie work experience & even though it is a low wage - it is still some money coming in! He now has 2 job offers doing similar things to what he did back home & has an interview lined up this week for Production Manager which would be a huge step in the right direction for us!

We found the first 2 months a bit hard but still exciting! 2009 has been brilliant so far!

Mandy
Old Feb 15th 2009, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Hi
Good to hear your OH has an interview good luck to him, Do you eva imagine what its like bac in doomy gloomy cov at the mo i dont know about you but i aint never goin back!! I just hope that once we become permanant residents our two older daughter will join us. take care dont work too hard
lesley