Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Does anybody live near Killarney Heights?

Does anybody live near Killarney Heights?

Old Aug 9th 2006, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Mhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really nice
Default Does anybody live near Killarney Heights?

We've been in North Sydney for a whole week and a half now and have seen a nice rental in Killarney Heights that we're thinking of going for.

Does anybody know anything about this suburb? I'm particularly interested in any views of the Killarney Primary or Forestville Primary.

Also, there is an 'RSL' near the property we like. Is this a pub? If so, it's the first one we've seen!

Mhairi
Old Aug 9th 2006, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Does anybody live near Killarney Heights?

Originally Posted by Mhairi
We've been in North Sydney for a whole week and a half now and have seen a nice rental in Killarney Heights that we're thinking of going for.

Does anybody know anything about this suburb? I'm particularly interested in any views of the Killarney Primary or Forestville Primary.

Also, there is an 'RSL' near the property we like. Is this a pub? If so, it's the first one we've seen!

Mhairi
Killarney Heights was never a a battler's suburb.

The RSL is the Returned Service Leagues Club. Membership is usually cheap and the pokies subsidise the meals.

WW
Old Aug 9th 2006, 9:59 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Sydney Mhairi!

I don't know the schools myself but can say that most of the schools in this area appear good. As far as the RSL is concerned - it's not a "pub" in the sense of a UK pub but you can get a drink there (and food). These clubs offer a lot more on the social side too.

Maybe we will see you at one of our Northern Beaches ladies meet ups soon. . . . . We meet on the first Tuesday of each month.

Hope you find a rental soon and can start settling back into "normal life".

Binbird
Old Aug 9th 2006, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Mhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really nice

Originally Posted by binbird
Welcome to Sydney Mhairi!

I don't know the schools myself but can say that most of the schools in this area appear good. As far as the RSL is concerned - it's not a "pub" in the sense of a UK pub but you can get a drink there (and food). These clubs offer a lot more on the social side too.

Maybe we will see you at one of our Northern Beaches ladies meet ups soon. . . . . We meet on the first Tuesday of each month.

Hope you find a rental soon and can start settling back into "normal life".

Binbird
Great. Do you have a venue for the September meet? What time?

Mhairi
Old Aug 9th 2006, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat

The RSL is the Returned Service Leagues Club. Membership is usually cheap and the pokies subsidise the meals.

WW

????
Old Aug 9th 2006, 10:22 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Great. Do you have a venue for the September meet? What time?

Mhairi
I didn't get the bit about "battler's suburb" either!!

We usually meet at 10.30am and are open to suggestions for a venue.... One of our regulars is preggers with no. 2 so we are trying to find somewhere not too far from her so that she doesn't have to squash behind the wheel of her car for too long a journey! Know anywhere yet in the St Ives area?!

Where are you staying at the moment and how old are your kids?

Binbird
Old Aug 9th 2006, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

"battler's suburb"

The term "battler" means someone working hard and only just making a living from Aussie Slang.

WW
Old Aug 10th 2006, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

I didn't get the bit about "battler's suburb" either!!

We usually meet at 10.30am and are open to suggestions for a venue.... One of our regulars is preggers with no. 2 so we are trying to find somewhere not too far from her so that she doesn't have to squash behind the wheel of her car for too long a journey! Know anywhere yet in the St Ives area?!

Where are you staying at the moment and how old are your kids?

Binbird
Hiya

We're currently staying in Allambie Heights in a holiday let. Then we're off to have a bit of a holiday for 3 weeks (driving up to Brizzie, possibly Cairns) before I start work in Lane Cove. We heard yesterday that our rental application in Killarney Heights has been accepted - yippee. Our girls are 3 and 5. How about yours? Sorry, never been to St Ives, but happy to meet up there (although I may be on my hols if your meet is before 10 September).

Mhairi
Old Aug 11th 2006, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya

We're currently staying in Allambie Heights in a holiday let. Then we're off to have a bit of a holiday for 3 weeks (driving up to Brizzie, possibly Cairns) before I start work in Lane Cove. We heard yesterday that our rental application in Killarney Heights has been accepted - yippee. Our girls are 3 and 5. How about yours? Sorry, never been to St Ives, but happy to meet up there (although I may be on my hols if your meet is before 10 September).

Mhairi

Hi Mhairi

WELCOME! Congrats on the rental.

YEAHY!!! Another person for out Tuesday meet. Looks like you won't make the one in September, but maybe we will see you at the one after that. We meet on the first Tuesday of each month. There is a thread about it in the "meet-ups" forum so keep an eye on that one.

Have a great holiday

Rudi
x
Old Aug 11th 2006, 7:46 am
Birds of a feather . . .

Hiya

Mhairi
Congratulations on getting the house, now you can enjoy your holiday! My girls are 5, 6 and 8 and all in school, so for our Tuesday meet ups I am child free but there are plenty of others with toddlers in tow. It sounds as though you will be on hols for our September meet..... but there's always October!

What days will you be working? My day off is a Tuesday which is why I started the meet ups on a Tuesday but I am hoping that soon we may get round to organising a weekend meet so that other halves can get acquainted too! We can't have all the fun!

See you soon.

B
Old Aug 11th 2006, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on getting the house, now you can enjoy your holiday! My girls are 5, 6 and 8 and all in school, so for our Tuesday meet ups I am child free but there are plenty of others with toddlers in tow. It sounds as though you will be on hols for our September meet..... but there's always October!

What days will you be working? My day off is a Tuesday which is why I started the meet ups on a Tuesday but I am hoping that soon we may get round to organising a weekend meet so that other halves can get acquainted too! We can't have all the fun!

See you soon.

B

I reckon we need a mid month evening meet too
Old Aug 11th 2006, 10:44 am
Cake addicted member

poppet has a spectacular aura aboutpoppet has a spectacular aura aboutpoppet has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Rudi
I reckon we need a mid month evening meet too
What a great idea. I could do with a night out once in a while! Anyone else up for it? If we get enough response we can try and organise something.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 2:04 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

Definitely up for it but we are never any good at suggesting venues that are convenient for everyone during the day so how are we going to manage a night time meet?! Yes, we should definitely do this - ideas please!

B (just got in from a girlie night hence late post!)