Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Does anybody fancy meeting up?

Does anybody fancy meeting up?

Old Jul 11th 2005, 8:25 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Does anybody fancy meeting up?

By spending a huge and probably abnormal amount of time on BE, I can't fail to notice that there are loads of you that know each other pretty well. (The cheeky and sometimes risque innuendoes give it away ).
With that in mind, I feel a little bit jealous and left out. (All togther now, aaah)
Now, I'm not sure if you:
A: Were already mates
B: Got familiar with each other on here (and have never met) or
C: Met at meets.

So, if I was to organise a meet in the Surrey area (I live near Epsom), would anybody come along, I wonder. Obviously I've never been to one before, so don't know what it involves, so if anyone wants to offer their services I'd be extremely grateful.

Would love to put faces to some of these names on here.

Thanks

Julie
Old Jul 11th 2005, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Secretsquirral has a spectacular aura aboutSecretsquirral has a spectacular aura aboutSecretsquirral has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Does anybody fancy meeting up?

Hi Julie,

Well, we are just over the Surrey/West Sussex borders in Warnham, so we would be up for a meet in Surrey area. We used to live in West Ewell and then Banstead so of course know Epsom pretty well.

Debbie
Old Jul 11th 2005, 8:37 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
By spending a huge and probably abnormal amount of time on BE, I can't fail to notice that there are loads of you that know each other pretty well. (The cheeky and sometimes risque innuendoes give it away ).
With that in mind, I feel a little bit jealous and left out. (All togther now, aaah)
Now, I'm not sure if you:
A: Were already mates
B: Got familiar with each other on here (and have never met) or
C: Met at meets.

So, if I was to organise a meet in the Surrey area (I live near Epsom), would anybody come along, I wonder. Obviously I've never been to one before, so don't know what it involves, so if anyone wants to offer their services I'd be extremely grateful.

Would love to put faces to some of these names on here.

Thanks

Julie

Hi Julie
I think alot of people on here have just met through this site and got to know each other this way!
I still feel like a newbie but join in the laughs as much as poss
As for the meet i went to our first one in Kent a couple of weeks ago i didnt know a soul but everyone was really friendly and it was great im sure people from your neck of the woods would join you!
I think you come up with a location pub or somthing family orientated then try to find a date that most people can make and go from there.

Good Luck

Kris
Old Jul 11th 2005, 8:45 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

We're in Farnham so count us in The people who really get on with on here are the ones I've never met :scared: They haven't had chance to take a dislike to me yet
Old Jul 11th 2005, 8:45 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kris maynard
Hi Julie
I think alot of people on here have just met through this site and got to know each other this way!
I still feel like a newbie but join in the laughs as much as poss
As for the meet i went to our first one in Kent a couple of weeks ago i didnt know a soul but everyone was really friendly and it was great im sure people from your neck of the woods would join you!
I think you come up with a location pub or somthing family orientated then try to find a date that most people can make and go from there.

Good Luck

Kris
Thanks Kris,
I'm sure I could find a decent family pub around here somewhere. I think I remember falling out of a few in the past
Old Jul 11th 2005, 8:47 pm
Chocoholic

Originally Posted by Secretsquirral
Hi Julie,

Well, we are just over the Surrey/West Sussex borders in Warnham, so we would be up for a meet in Surrey area. We used to live in West Ewell and then Banstead so of course know Epsom pretty well.

Debbie
Hi Debbie,
Great stuff. Would be good to meet you.
Actually, we live in Ewell Village, but not many people have usually heard of it so I just say I live in Epsom. It's easier

I'll let you know when, where etc. Just give a few days to think about it

Julie
Old Jul 11th 2005, 8:49 pm

Hi Debbie,
Great stuff. Would be good to meet you.
Actually, we live in Ewell Village, but not many people have usually heard of it so I just say I live in Epsom. It's easier

I'll let you know when, where etc. Just give a few days to think about it

Julie
Just don't make it Sunday 24th. We're off to a south coast meet then. You can always put the time and place on the Meet Ups link at the top
Old Jul 11th 2005, 8:50 pm
Chocoholic

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
We're in Farnham so count us in The people who really get on with on here are the ones I've never met :scared: They haven't had chance to take a dislike to me yet
Wow, they're rolling in now

Thanks Anne. Like I just said to Debbie, I'll let you know asap.

Julie

P.S. Kinda makes me think "What's wrong with Surrey???"
Old Jul 11th 2005, 8:52 pm

P.S. Kinda makes me think "What's wrong with Surrey???"
Sorry, being thick. What do you mean?
Old Jul 11th 2005, 8:53 pm

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point

OH its too far for me!! arrrrrrrrhhhh

amanda
Old Jul 11th 2005, 8:53 pm
Chocoholic

Just don't make it Sunday 24th. We're off to a south coast meet then. You can always put the time and place on the Meet Ups link at the top
It'll probably be beginning September time as we go away soon, if that's ok.
Old Jul 11th 2005, 8:54 pm

It'll probably be beginning September time as we go away soon, if that's ok.
Probably be best otherwise loads of people will be going away and won't be able to make it. Except us of course who are not having a holiday Sob sob
Old Jul 11th 2005, 9:00 pm
Chocoholic

Sorry, being thick. What do you mean?
Well, it's just that there seems to be quite a few from this neck of the woods leaving. Not really sure why though. Maybe it's the cost of property here. I know that my kids could never afford a property here, which is one of the reasons we want to emigrate. We'd like to give them an easier start in life. If that means we can hopefully help them out then we'll do that. My sister (aged 29) has only just managed to buy her first place: a small 2 bed flat with her boyfriend that cost £174K. Scary eh. Her mortgage is huge
Old Jul 12th 2005, 8:38 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Tell me to bog off if I am interfering but as the OP lives on the doorstep of Sandown Park and the big expo is there 7/8/9 October a meet around then might get lots of takers after the show. (As well as the one you are putting together soon).

Show details are here:

http://www.outboundpublishing.com/cg...howitem=000001

We have been to a couple of excellent meets after these shows in the past but we hope to miss this one. Nothing personal but we hope to be on our way to Perth by then.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 8:39 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

I've "met" people via the site, most of them I've never met in person although did also go to the Kent meet and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.