englishman1969 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default does anbody miss the british newspapers

the sun,the star,daily mirror does anybody miss these any why
Old Apr 17th 2005, 6:16 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: does anbody miss the british newspapers

Originally Posted by englishman1969
Nope but I miss the Guardian, Telegraph and Independant. The SMH is very lightweight compared to the English broadsheets.
Old Apr 17th 2005, 6:27 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bondipom
Nope but I miss the Guardian, Telegraph and Independant. The SMH is very lightweight compared to the English broadsheets.
Definitely miss The Indie & Private Eye too. Can get 'The Spectator' & 'New Statesman' though which helps.

There's a weekly 'Expat'-style Grauniad which I buy sometimes. Not seen a weekly Indie, though. The weekly 'Telegraph' has a very good crossword.

Here in Melb, there are some quite good articles in 'The Age' from time to time.

Anya.
Old Apr 17th 2005, 6:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

No,

The Sun

The Star

The Mirror

The Gruniad

The Times

The Independent

The Financial Times

Private Eye

This interweb thingy is pretty handy

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 17th 2005, 6:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

Hi...this might help..... its a link to online newspapers from around the world...no good for swatting flys but the next best thing..

http://www.thebigproject.co.uk/news/

Old Apr 17th 2005, 6:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve2438
Hi...this might help..... its a link to online newspapers from around the world...no good for swatting flys but the next best thing..

The b***rds just copied my post above!!!!

JTL
Old Apr 17th 2005, 6:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ha, they didn't list Private Eye

I win,

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 17th 2005, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Ha, they didn't list Private Eye

I win,

Cheers,
JTL
well done you get a free copy of Private Eye...Errrrr in two weeks.....hhehehehe
Old Apr 17th 2005, 6:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

well done you get a free copy of Private Eye...Errrrr in two weeks.....hhehehehe
Great! I like my news out of date.

Now whats this I hear about parkyer-balls and big ears getting married

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 17th 2005, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Cheers,
JTL
I didnt even know what date they were getting married but then not many people did...the general view here is who give's a S&^$ about them...ugly S£$^
Old Apr 17th 2005, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Cheers,
JTL
I dont really think anyone give a s$!" about them...most didnt even know what date it was,thats how much intrest there was...ugly s"$£$....
Old Apr 17th 2005, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

See had to put that thread in twice...hope nobody noticed
Old Apr 17th 2005, 7:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No
Old Apr 17th 2005, 7:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Neither did I

JTL
Old Apr 17th 2005, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

chocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura about

When I went back to the UK on holiday, I just couldn't get back into any of these papers - I didn't know any of the personalities they were gossiping about. I suppose the Independent and The Times were OK. In OZ I started out with the SMH until it really annoyed me and currently like the Australian or Weekend Australian. The Sunday papers here seem to be a bit like gossip rags too.

To start with, after emigrating, I bought UK papers, especially if anything major happened in the UK, and after a while it became just the Sunday Times and now it's never at all, since the reporting has less and less relevance on my life. I just look on the internet if I want to read something from a UK perspective.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.