Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Does ACS recommend DIMA to award 5 or 10 points for work experience to the applicant?

Does ACS recommend DIMA to award 5 or 10 points for work experience to the applicant?

Old Jul 17th 2002, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

saturn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Does ACS recommend DIMA to award 5 or 10 points for work experience to the applicant?

Hi,

I have a Bachelors's in Computer Engineering and I am positive that I shall qualify for Group A.

To reach 115 points I am depending on 10 points for work experience. Does ACS (when an applicant has 3 yrs. of work experience) after its positive Assessment recommend DIMA to award 10 points? or do they mention something that "The xx has worked full-time atleast 3 years.... "

The problem with me is that I am just 2 months away to complete my 3 years as a software engineer in a company. Should I wait for these 2 months and then apply to ACS for assessment to get 10 points

OR

Should I apply right now and then by the time I get the assessment done (in 2 to 3 months I guess), I acquire a new reference letter from my employer showing atleast 3 years of full-time experience and send it to DIMA (with ACS assessment) when I lodge the application.

Please advise. Thanks!

Saturn.
Old Jul 18th 2002, 8:20 am
Judy

Default Re: Does ACS recommend DIMA to award 5 or 10 points for work experience to the applicant?

saturn <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a Bachelors's in Computer Engineering and I am positive that I shall qualify
    > for Group A.
    >
    > To reach 115 points I am depending on 10 points for work experience. Does ACS (when
    > an applicant has 3 yrs. of work experience) after its positive Assessment recommend
    > DIMA to award 10 points? or do they mention something that "The xx has worked
    > full-time atleast 3 years.... "
    >
    > The problem with me is that I am just 2 months away to complete my 3 years as a
    > software engineer in a company. Should I wait for these 2 months and then apply to
    > ACS for assessment to get 10 points
    >
    > OR
    >
    > Should I apply right now and then by the time I get the assessment done (in 2 to 3
    > months I guess), I acquire a new reference letter from my employer showing atleast
    > 3 years of full-time experience and send it to DIMA (with ACS assessment) when I
    > lodge the application.
    >
    > Please advise. Thanks!
    >
    > Saturn.
    >
    >
    >
    > --

hi,saturn To get 10 points for work experience, you should work in this career for at
least three years before you lodge the application to DIMA. So, when you send msg to
ACS is not important.you can begin your ACS application right now,then after two
months ,when you get ACS result,you will accumulate 3 years experience in IT and get
another 10 points.