Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dodgy Mortgage or good advice???

Dodgy Mortgage or good advice???

Old Mar 21st 2005, 11:00 am
Banned

Fuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant future
Default Dodgy Mortgage or good advice???

Today I visited Wizard Mortgage brokers to discuss our borrowing options/Requirements and was quite taken aback by the way the meeting went.

What happened was the guy went through the usual spiel and described their services and products as I would of expected, he then took my details of income/Outgoings Credit history etc but once I told him we would have a 60% deposit on our potential home the tone changed, with a nudge and a wink he told me that the best way forward was for me to set up an ABN this way no checks need to be made regarding my income and they would throw the money I wanted at me! :scared:

Has anyone used Wizard or know anything about them? Is his advice genuine or is he a conman?
Old Mar 21st 2005, 11:02 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dodgy Mortgage or good advice???

We are using Wizard at the moment, our ladys great and even gave me free footy tickets for the Wizard cup!! Don't know about the abn thing though as we arn't in that position, sorry
Old Mar 21st 2005, 12:53 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Wizard were recommended to us - we still can't get a mortgage for a couple of reasons (for another year) but lots of people have said that Wizard are a good choice when we are ready.
Old Mar 21st 2005, 8:38 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fuzzy Duck
Today I visited Wizard Mortgage brokers to discuss our borrowing options/Requirements and was quite taken aback by the way the meeting went.

What happened was the guy went through the usual spiel and described their services and products as I would of expected, he then took my details of income/Outgoings Credit history etc but once I told him we would have a 60% deposit on our potential home the tone changed, with a nudge and a wink he told me that the best way forward was for me to set up an ABN this way no checks need to be made regarding my income and they would throw the money I wanted at me! :scared:

Has anyone used Wizard or know anything about them? Is his advice genuine or is he a conman?
Its genuine. There are so many different types of loans around, and not knowing how much you earn if it it lowish then the lenders will be looking at the 60% deposit as there safety net.

Wizard is a reputable company
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

mamichelle is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Wizard were recommended to us - we still can't get a mortgage for a couple of reasons (for another year) but lots of people have said that Wizard are a good choice when we are ready.
I don't mean to pry but was just wondering if the reasons you can't get a mortgage are cos of the spouse visa? I am hoping to get onto the property ladder asap but will just be on a temp resident visa pending PR in two years.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 11:08 pm
Banned

Fuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Siren
Its genuine. There are so many different types of loans around, and not knowing how much you earn if it it lowish then the lenders will be looking at the 60% deposit as there safety net.

Wizard is a reputable company
Thanks for all your replies.

The reason he started on about the ABN was when I told him that I had a permanent job but was only staying there to help us get a mortgage when the time comes, I told him I would quit tomorrow if I thought I could still get my borrowing requirements. This is when he told me that as we have the 65% deposit on the house price we want it would be the best route to go. It just sounded a bit dodgy to me as he give me a nudge and a wink, bit of an Arthur Daley I thought.

Has anyone here uswed an ABN to get a Mortgage? It does sound a bit unethical but then that has never stopped me before.