Reload this Page >

doctors and dentist notes

doctors and dentist notes

Old Aug 27th 2003, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

bussie is on a distinguished road
Default doctors and dentist notes

what does everyone do about doctors notes and dentist notes
i spoke to my gp and he said they dont give out notes to paitents and my new gp in AU would just start from new ??

some how i dont believe him any one had dealings with this before and can advise me

Bussie
Old Aug 27th 2003, 8:48 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: doctors and dentist notes

Originally posted by bussie
what does everyone do about doctors notes and dentist notes
i spoke to my gp and he said they dont give out notes to paitents and my new gp in AU would just start from new ??

some how i dont believe him any one had dealings with this before and can advise me

Bussie
It's your right to view any records they hold on you and recent threads on the forum do suggest that you can obtain copies to take with you.
Luckily none of us have had any serious medical problems so we're not bothering. I guess if your on regular medication for an existing condition they would be beneficial to you and surely your gp would see that too
Sean
Old Aug 27th 2003, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

advise on her was to get childrens vaccination records from Doctors.

Whisky
Old Aug 27th 2003, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

salonit is on a distinguished road

You can get hold of your notes by contacting your local health authority...( as it is ur right !) Doctors do not give out notes for the Data Protection act but you can apply in writing ( with reason) to get them....

I would advise that they take bloody ages and akward about it as it suggests a claim ( so give reason) ...

As for dentists ...same story they wont give u the notes as property on NHS but can give information on notes in form of letter ( my partner is dentist and dictating this to me!)

I would consider the need for the information as I work with the NHS here and will be working is Oz as a health care professional and are of the impression that your notes are no use to the doctors/pharmacists there ( unless you are on specific medication - which you would have information in form of a Repeat Prescription and If u suffer from any condition/s that you would have info on that.)
Maybe a letter from Dr/Dentist/Pharmacist would be suitable rather then wait weeks/months for illegible peoplefriendly medical notes!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 27th 2003, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

bussie is on a distinguished road

many thanks bussie
Old Aug 27th 2003, 11:37 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by whisky
advise on her was to get childrens vaccination records from Doctors.

Whisky
Some schools will not let the children start unless you can prove full vaccination records, it is a condition of the schools here. We had computer records printed for all four of us 10 pound each - these included the vaccination details and had updated notes for Daughter done as an overview of her hearing issues. Have heard the red and blue childrens books with vaccincation details can be used as well. Never bothered with dental records.
Old Aug 28th 2003, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

We couldn't get ours either bussie. Got the kids immunisations cos we needed them to register for school etc and you don't get your child care assistance without them either.

We haven't needed the doctors notes so far but we haven't got much medical history anyway. IF you feel you need them, push a bit more.

good luck
Diane
Old Aug 28th 2003, 1:11 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Hi
We also paid our Gp 10 pounds each and got a print out of our medical details . But our dentist who i have been with since a child , wouldnt give us our records or copies , she said they arent allowed to , terrible really isnt it as its info about us , why do they need to keep.
Joanne
Old Aug 28th 2003, 1:14 am
dmf
Forum Regular

dmf will become famous soon enough

We got two computer print outs from our doctor, explained why and it is was all very straight forward. £7.50 each.

Dawn