Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Doctors and Dentist

Doctors and Dentist

Old Feb 1st 2006, 9:40 am
Just Joined

Irish Bet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Doctors and Dentist

Hi ya heading off down soon, shoudl we be doing anthing in relation to getting out medical/dental records transferred over????

Also do you think it is worth while getting copies of your no claims ceritificates for car insurance????
Old Feb 1st 2006, 9:47 am
vb2
bradford 2 brissy at last

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Doctors and Dentist

yes, yes and yes!!

we are heading off soon too, and have asked our doctors for a summary of our medical records, the dentist told us, he didnt need to as any good dentist will take xrays and check for problems as soon as we are registered there, and no claims is a definite yes, as your insurance could potentially increase without proof,
(i am also going to take our credit report too - as we have good credit rating here and i would hate to have to start all over - but thats just personal choice)

good luck

vb2
Old Feb 1st 2006, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

All yes

...although I didn't bother myself with dental records as all ours are fine, nothing that the dentist here would need to know about.

All the best

Sue x
Old Feb 1st 2006, 10:02 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue2
All yes

...although I didn't bother myself with dental records as all ours are fine, nothing that the dentist here would need to know about.

All the best

Sue x
I havent been to the quacks in 25+ years - do you think it worth taking medical records over in that case?
Old Feb 1st 2006, 10:05 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Irish Bet
Hi ya heading off down soon, shoudl we be doing anthing in relation to getting out medical/dental records transferred over????

Also do you think it is worth while getting copies of your no claims ceritificates for car insurance????
We took our proof of no claims and they carried it on. We went with RAC car insurance as it seemed the easiest, the choice is more limited than the UK.

We didn't bother with dental records although its expensive so anything to cut costs is a good idea?

We also took a letter from the estate agents that sold our home, it basically said that we kept the house in good order - a kind of reference if you need to rent when you get there.
Old Feb 1st 2006, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wargod
I havent been to the quacks in 25+ years - do you think it worth taking medical records over in that case?

It wouldn't hurt to, just so they can 'if really needed' look back at your past medical history

All the best

Sue x
Old Feb 1st 2006, 10:08 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue2
It wouldn't hurt to, just so they can 'if really needed' look back at your past medical history

All the best

Sue x
ta
Old Feb 1st 2006, 10:13 am
Mount Eliza

Joanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant future

Ive read in the past how expensive dental treatment and xrays can be, so Im planning on taking xrays with us, whatever we have to pay here, is bound to be cheaper than over there.

Also getting a list of kids immunisations from the doctors, going to get a letter from mortgage company to say paid on time and up to date and any other reference I can get my hands on. Also going to get the schools to write references for the kids as the school reports wont be out by the time we go and will only have last years as the most recent.

I think any info you can take regarding your life and financial situation here can only help. I would rather take it and not need it, than not and wish I had.

Jo
Old Feb 1st 2006, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Joanne
Ive read in the past how expensive dental treatment and xrays can be, so Im planning on taking xrays with us, whatever we have to pay here, is bound to be cheaper than over there.

Also getting a list of kids immunisations from the doctors, going to get a letter from mortgage company to say paid on time and up to date and any other reference I can get my hands on. Also going to get the schools to write references for the kids as the school reports wont be out by the time we go and will only have last years as the most recent.

I think any info you can take regarding your life and financial situation here can only help. I would rather take it and not need it, than not and wish I had.

Jo

Thats what we done take some recent paid bills and some bank statements...although when renting they are only really interested whats in your bank here.

If your going into a rental and you can afford it, offer 6 months up front...we did and they didn't want to see a thing from us. You'll also need to try to get 2 Australian references for when you want to take on a rental, we used an Expat friend and the manager of our apartment that we was staying in for 5 weeks.

Dont forget 'if you have kids' school reports, my son's head made up a little pack of his work n stuff... helps them see what stage they are at.

Hope this helps

Sue x
Old Feb 1st 2006, 10:30 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Irish Bet
YES !!

Just about all the insurers will allow your UK No Claims Discount, but having the proof would be very useful to have.

Some will even allow the Discount without proof, but would ask for it in the event of a claim. So bring it and give it to them when you set up the policy.