Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do you recommend a reccie??

Wikiposts

Do you recommend a reccie??

Old Nov 20th 2005, 3:20 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Do you recommend a reccie??

We have been to Oz many times but to take that out of the equation (correct speelling so far i think ), i would move out to Oz withou doing a recci!!!!

But thats just me as i love a challenge

Rob
Old Nov 20th 2005, 3:26 am
Just Joined

stockers is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd think its definitely worth it, even if its just a short trip. I only spent a few days in Melbourne 2 years ago, but its enough to reassure me ahead of going out there, even if its just that I can remember where things are and the general feel of the place. In reality I still don't know whether I will like it there or not - I don't think you can tell until you start living somewhere, but its making me far less nervous about heading out there on my own!

Debbie
Old Nov 20th 2005, 3:29 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

If you are unsure of moving to Oz, then a reccie is recommended!

Take a few weeks vacation down under and settle those nerves
Old Nov 20th 2005, 4:01 am
Just Joined

chrisam is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Do you recommend a reccie??

Thanks everyone for your advice and support.

We are looking at Perth but not too sure on areas at the moment. We have just got a map of Perth and the suburbs so we need to sit down and study that.

I do have 2 children, two girls, one 4 and the other 2 at the end of January. My mum and dad are already going over in March to see my sister and it would have been an ideal time to go and do a "recce" with them but it is too soon for us with validating the visas and of course, money.

I think that the best thing for us would be to go over first as my husband is not too keen on rushing
Old Nov 20th 2005, 8:31 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

We are doing a reccie first but personally whilst i think it isnt a bad idea as a holiday as a should we shouldn't we idea i think it would be a waste of time, chances are you'll do all the tourist bits its not till you live and work in a country that you get a feel for it.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wargod
We are doing a reccie first but personally whilst i think it isnt a bad idea as a holiday as a should we shouldn't we idea i think it would be a waste of time, chances are you'll do all the tourist bits its not till you live and work in a country that you get a feel for it.
And think of all the money it will cost. Glad we did not all come over, and my hubby went to PERTH , not here where we live.
We had not stepped foot in Bunbury before we came down car loaded up like the beverly hilbillies[ they where great].
And we found a rental , in this beautiful place called Dalyellup beach, and we was just meant to be here, and are now building our family home. big risk yes, but it usually works out. Denise
Old Nov 20th 2005, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisam
We are planning to move over to Perth (visas permitting!!) and are undecided to do a reccie first or not. We have never been to Australia but sort of feel that if we just bite the bullet and go then we will have to make it work, but then the other part of me says that we should check it out before making the final move.

My sister is over in Sydney at the moment and she said that if she had gone out for a holiday first, then she probably would have come home.

Any advice??
I moved here in September 2004 with my husband and children. I had never been before - everyone thought I was mad - As long as you thoroughly research your intended area then you should be ok! I couldn't afford to do a rekkie - but I am not disappointed - I love it!
Old Nov 20th 2005, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sasbear
I moved here in September 2004 with my husband and children. I had never been before - everyone thought I was mad - As long as you thoroughly research your intended area then you should be ok! I couldn't afford to do a rekkie - but I am not disappointed - I love it!
good for you, I did not come out before either, but i think life is what you make it. We also love it. Denise