Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do you pay price real estate agent had advertised

Wikiposts

Do you pay price real estate agent had advertised

Old Nov 30th 2005, 9:20 am
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Do you pay price real estate agent had advertised

Anyone bought lately, especially in WA.
Did you pay the price it was on for or are these just hopeful amounts?

Have noticed, and I look every day , a lot of properties come complete with tenants. suggesting a lot of investors selling or do they just like to turn them around now and again?

Kevin
Old Nov 30th 2005, 9:27 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Do you pay price real estate agent had advertised

Originally Posted by kevinl

Have noticed, and I look every day , a lot of properties come complete with tenants. suggesting a lot of investors selling or do they just like to turn them around now and again?

Kevin

u dont [ay what they r asking....u decide what u think it is worth you tell the estate agent who then go to the seller......they will either say OK or will give u there lowest price......you then go back to them with another offer but still not what they ask....barter is the name of the game...and always remember to put a subject to finance in the contract...not only give u time to sort out mortgage also gives u the chance to change ur mind within a certain time usually 14 days. First place we went for we went in $40k under asking price some peeps start 50K below
Old Nov 30th 2005, 9:35 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Kevin
A property is worth what ever somebody is prepared to pay and no more than that. We have found that a lot of people still have unrealistic expectations of what the property is worth, having been hicked up by a real estate agent in the first place.

Negotiate and negotiate well. For what its worth we found that if you start making negative ovatures on a viewing - humm, its nice but unrealistically priced, the agent will normally end up revealing how much the expected price will be.

Trick is to seem and be savvy, not just a cashed up pom with a wad of money in the back pocket which is the real estate agents dream. They can dream on as far as I'm concerned
Old Nov 30th 2005, 10:00 am
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
A property is worth what ever somebody is prepared to pay and no more than that. We have found that a lot of people still have unrealistic expectations of what the property is worth, having been hicked up by a real estate agent in the first place.

Negotiate and negotiate well. For what its worth we found that if you start making negative ovatures on a viewing - humm, its nice but unrealistically priced, the agent will normally end up revealing how much the expected price will be.

Trick is to seem and be savvy, not just a cashed up pom with a wad of money in the back pocket which is the real estate agents dream. They can dream on as far as I'm concerned
Hi there,

Does this work when buying just land aswell?? Can you bring the price down or do you have to just pay what the land is up for sale at?
Old Nov 30th 2005, 10:01 am
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute

Most people in WA we have spoken to and posts that I have read all seem to say get in quick and buy but then I see some places with a byline of make me an offer or reduced or the tenant in place situation which is obviously an investor.

Really am going to struggle to know what to do.

Kevin
Old Nov 30th 2005, 10:03 am
Never been to Australia

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
Hi there,

Does this work when buying just land aswell?? Can you bring the price down or do you have to just pay what the land is up for sale at?

Hi Marie,

all going well I hope.

Kevin
Old Nov 30th 2005, 10:06 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

i went and saw a house for $350,000, and the only offer they had had at that point was $290,000. so make of that what you will.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 10:11 am
Never been to Australia

Originally Posted by brisnick
i went and saw a house for $350,000, and the only offer they had had at that point was $290,000. so make of that what you will.

50K less then the prices I have been looking at in WA would make my Christmas

Kevin
Old Nov 30th 2005, 10:14 am
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Marie,

all going well I hope.

Kevin

Yep, everythings fine.

Just trying to decide whether to buy an established house, a new house or some land and build. We haven't got a clue

Marie
Old Nov 30th 2005, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

50K less then the prices I have been looking at in WA would make my Christmas

Kevin

we got $80 k knocked off of the price!
but they were wanting to move out of state & wanted a quick sale

pootle26
Old Nov 30th 2005, 10:23 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Properties in WA are usually advertised with a price bracket, ie 300k-330k, sellers are usually looking for something in the upper half of the bracket, but buyers will usually go in at the lower end knowing they will have to negotiate. Several properties round about me have sold in the last couple of weeks, they have all sold for pretty close to the top of their bracket and none have been on the market more than 3 weeks, 1 sold within half an hour of the board going up.

Do your research, find out how long the property has been up for, find out the prices neighbouring properties have sold for, but also remember there can be a big difference between neighbouring homes, depending on living area, block size, finishings and extras.

Lynn
Old Nov 30th 2005, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

jcexit will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by movetoperth
Do your research, find out how long the property has been up for, find out the prices neighbouring properties have sold for, but also remember there can be a big difference between neighbouring homes, depending on living area, block size, finishings and extras.

Lynn
This should all be done by your Buyer Realtor, that's what they do.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 11:14 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by jcexit
But remember that the Agent here works for the Seller, not the Buyer !, and their job is to sell for the highest price they can get

Don't trust a word they say.

Old Nov 30th 2005, 6:48 pm
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jcexit
In WA if you want to employ a buyers agent it will cost you quite a bit so most people don't bother, infact many people don't even know you can do such a thing. If you are lucky enough to find a real estate agent you trust then they will take you to various properties not listed with them and will give you good advise, but in the end they are only paid if a home sells (and not very much if its not one of their properties).

It's not difficult to find the information you need to make a offer that you will be happy with and the vendor will accept.

Lynn