Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

do you pay for drinks on qantas?

do you pay for drinks on qantas?

Old Aug 31st 2010, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

sormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud of
Default do you pay for drinks on qantas?

just a quick one, my parents are coming to visit on qantas, via singapore, do they have to pay for drinks on the plane? soft and alcholic?
Old Aug 31st 2010, 12:18 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: do you pay for drinks on qantas?

Originally Posted by sormesher
just a quick one, my parents are coming to visit on qantas, via singapore, do they have to pay for drinks on the plane? soft and alcholic?
No.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 12:22 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

I am opening a book on when the luggage will arrive.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 12:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I am opening a book on when the luggage will arrive.
Last time I few with them, they lost my luggage on a direct route from Brisbane to Perth! Eventually found it in Brisbane and sent it to Perth - I then made them fly it to Albany and courier it to my hotel. Idiots could have just loaded it on the plane in the first place and saved everyone the trouble.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 12:53 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
Last time I few with them, they lost my luggage on a direct route from Brisbane to Perth! Eventually found it in Brisbane and sent it to Perth - I then made them fly it to Albany and courier it to my hotel. Idiots could have just loaded it on the plane in the first place and saved everyone the trouble.
Both times my mates flew over they lost at least one bag ... I keep telling 'em to go Singapore Air but they won't listen
Old Aug 31st 2010, 1:00 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sormesher
May have to pay if they transfer to a domestic flight at some point. If its just UK - Singapore - Aus they're fine
Old Aug 31st 2010, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

itxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of light

No. My luggage was fine ;-)

Vims right in sense that Sing is better. They've booked now anyway. Am sure they'll be fine
Old Aug 31st 2010, 10:24 pm
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by itxrd
..Vims right in sense that Sing is better. They've booked now anyway. Am sure they'll be fine
Better at some things perhaps - but at Easter when everyone was dealing with grounded planes Qantas did do the right thing and put my sister and her family up in a hotel in Sydney for a week (with food and daily visits from qantas rep with updates on situation). Others flying with Singapore werent so lucky and had to deal with their enforced extended costs and arrangements themselves....Qantas went above and beyond their expectations and have persuaded my sister (and parents) that any UK-Australia flying done in future will have Qantas as their '1st choice' preferred airline.

Anyway - as far as the OP question goes - drink away... you've already paid for it (i.e. its NOT free - its factored into the ticket price)
Old Aug 31st 2010, 11:04 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

And the exploding engines come free too....

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1225912587298

A QANTAS plane carrying 212 passengers made an emergency landing yesterday after an engine exploded shortly after it took off from San Francisco.

The four-engine Boeing 747, which departed from San Francisco International Airport for Sydney at about 11.10pm local time on Monday (4pm Tuesday AEST), was in the air for 45 minutes and at 30,000ft when there was an explosion in the No. 4 engine.

Photos showed a gaping hole in the engine on the right side of the aircraft.

The pilot dumped fuel over the Pacific Ocean and returned to San Francisco at approximately 12.45am local time, the San Francisco Chronicle reported.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

We did a round trip on QF from MEL-SIN last year and the only drink service we were offered was a bottle of mineral water!
Old Aug 31st 2010, 11:13 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
And the exploding engines come free too....
Quite a serious incident this one I reckon. When an engine fails the housing is supposed to prevent sharp hot bits of metal escaping...didn't seem to happen in this case. Something clearly exited sideways...but could've ended up lodged in the wing or the fuselage or a passenger!

Doing my first ever QF longhaul to HKG tomorrow.
Old Sep 1st 2010, 12:37 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
May have to pay if they transfer to a domestic flight at some point. If its just UK - Singapore - Aus they're fine
All soft drinks are free at all times domestically. Beer and Wine are free for flights departing after 4pm in Economy. Spirits charged all times. Business class free everything all the time.
Old Sep 1st 2010, 12:40 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark213
Beer and Wine are free for flights departing after 4pm in Economy.
Mon - Fri only...and not including public holidays!

Quite unaustralian if you ask me.
Old Sep 1st 2010, 12:49 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Quite a serious incident this one I reckon. When an engine fails the housing is supposed to prevent sharp hot bits of metal escaping...didn't seem to happen in this case. Something clearly exited sideways...but could've ended up lodged in the wing or the fuselage or a passenger!

Doing my first ever QF longhaul to HKG tomorrow.
At least you can take solace in the fact that engineering will be more than on top of the game now.
Old Sep 1st 2010, 12:54 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Centurion
At least you can take solace in the fact that engineering will be more than on top of the game now.
I read that the scheduled service to San Francisco will be going out with 5 engines today to ferry a replacement...I thought it was a joke, but apparently it happens!

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Qanta...438/1631354/M/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.