Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do you like this fish picture?

Do you like this fish picture?

Old Mar 30th 2004, 4:22 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Do you like this fish picture?

I took this at Ningaloo last year.

And I'm heading up there again next week!
Attached Thumbnails Do you like this fish picture?-img_0396.jpg  
Old Mar 30th 2004, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

So jealous we where heading up there next week to , but work commitments have got in the way so we have to make do with a bloomin long weekend. This would have been our first visit up there. Yes the fish looks lovely im just jealous hope you have a good time
Joanne
Old Mar 30th 2004, 6:24 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you like this fish picture?

that's not a fish, this is
(and you are up there at the right time of year)
Attached Thumbnails Do you like this fish picture?-openedmouthwhalesharkningaloowa.jpg  

Last edited by walaj; Mar 30th 2004 at 6:30 am.
Old Mar 30th 2004, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by renth

loverly jubberly!
Where's Ningaloo?
Old Mar 30th 2004, 8:59 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Beautiful fish renth

Wots it like wiv chips??

Phoenixuk2oz

Old Mar 30th 2004, 9:00 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

north west tip of WA. One of matts must do's to go see the whale sharks:scared:
Old Mar 30th 2004, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Best take your chainsaw then - wonder if they work underwater
Old Mar 30th 2004, 10:40 am
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road

Another fishy picture
Attached Thumbnails Do you like this fish picture?-.jpg  
Old Mar 30th 2004, 10:45 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Houdini
Another fishy picture
nice surfer, the dolphin ain't too bad either
Old Mar 30th 2004, 10:56 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jopaulss
So jealous we where heading up there next week to , but work commitments have got in the way so we have to make do with a bloomin long weekend. This would have been our first visit up there. Yes the fish looks lovely im just jealous hope you have a good time
Joanne
I'm sorry to hear that. You'll have to make sure you get up there, it's great.
Old Mar 30th 2004, 10:57 pm
(It's not my real name)

Originally posted by walaj
nice surfer, the dolphin ain't too bad either
I went surfing after work yesterday and some dolphins turned up. They were clearly having as much fun in the waves as I was.
Old Mar 30th 2004, 11:14 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Who are you diving with, Renth? I went with Exmouth Diving

http://www.exmouthdiving.com.au/english/divewrld.htm

who were brilliant. It's also the only place in the world where you can get the PADI Whale Shark Interaction speciality course. My main camera flooded on the dive before the whale shark one, so I had to use a poxy throwaway for this picture.

The whole experience was brilliant, though - we timed our visit to Oz (and our marriage!) so that we could be here three weeks after the full moon in March.

This little fella was an mere eight metres, an adolescent male. (Part of the course is sexing the whale shark you dive with!)
Attached Thumbnails Do you like this fish picture?-oz2001_010.jpg  
Old Mar 30th 2004, 11:18 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Houdini
Another fishy picture
Did he lose his surf board too ?
Old Mar 30th 2004, 11:22 pm
(It's not my real name)

Originally posted by downunderpom
Who are you diving with, Renth? I went with Exmouth Diving

http://www.exmouthdiving.com.au/english/divewrld.htm

who were brilliant. It's also the only place in the world where you can get the PADI Whale Shark Interaction speciality course. My main camera flooded on the dive before the whale shark one, so I had to use a poxy throwaway for this picture.

The whole experience was brilliant, though - we timed our visit to Oz (and our marriage!) so that we could be here three weeks after the full moon in March.

This little fella was an mere eight metres, an adolescent male. (Part of the course is sexing the whale shark you dive with!)
I don't know who we will be diving with, there is a dive shop at the camp site we're staying on. I think we'll do the pier dive which is supposed to be good.

My wife did the whale sharks last year, it's my turn this year.

The Mrs is a PADI instructor and a bit of a marine biologist on the side and she's going to do a bit of work relating to the coral spawning which will be happening at the time and might also be tagging some manta rays.

We'll be mainly snorkelling on the reef though.
Old Mar 30th 2004, 11:25 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

I don't know who we will be diving with, there is a dive shop at the camp site we're staying on. I think we'll do the pier dive which is supposed to be good.

My wife did the whale sharks last year, it's my turn this year.

The Mrs is a PADI instructor and a bit of a marine biologist on the side and she's going to do a bit of work relating to the coral spawning which will be happening at the time and might also be tagging some manta rays.

We'll be mainly snorkelling on the reef though.
Bloody excellent! The pier dive is awesome - apparently there's around 600 different species of fish in that one area.

The coral spawning is what I timed my visit for - three weeks after the full moon in March, apparently. (Or is that the time when the whale sharks come through...?) I seem to remember the spawning being AT the full moon....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.