Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do you know what you're worth??

Do you know what you're worth??

Old Jul 20th 2004, 1:41 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

well as you said, it gives you an idea anyway, remember those are minimum rates, you could get more depending on the employer .
Old Jul 20th 2004, 1:42 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Mrs DB. Pray shes nice
Old Jul 20th 2004, 2:53 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

hevs....

the wages do seem much lower on this site than we actually get as nurses ..well here in wa anyway....
so you never know...you may be entitled to much more per hour!!!!
Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Originally posted by yvsie
hevs....

the wages do seem much lower on this site than we actually get as nurses ..well here in wa anyway....
so you never know...you may be entitled to much more per hour!!!!

likewise primary school teachers (according to the WA education department site) get more than quoted here.

Looks like wages are lower in Victoria and house prices more expensive. Glad I am off to Perth

Only kidding - I am sure that actual wages are higher than this. If they are in WA, then they surely must be in Victoria and NSW

Dave
Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:14 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Good luck with the interview Hevs, let us know how it goes later today.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:32 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by Bordy
Good luck with the interview Hevs, let us know how it goes later today.

Yes, I was going to say GOOD LUCK, too!

If you get the job, let's have a riouous Expats Gals Night out to celebrate?!

Anya (3 weeks & we'll be there!)
Old Jul 20th 2004, 4:23 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by anya4oz
Yes, I was going to say GOOD LUCK, too!

If you get the job, let's have a riouous Expats Gals Night out to celebrate?!

Anya (3 weeks & we'll be there!)

Whats with these Gals nights out? What about us poor Guys.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Bordy
Whats with these Gals nights out? What about us poor Guys.

Perhaps we could have a word with Maggy's husband and see if he can arrange some of his building site entertainment

Dave
Old Jul 20th 2004, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

Dolphingirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by hevs
lol!! I'm in the same group as those.

OK!! Fully qualified athestician, beauty therapist, electrologist, nail tec and hair snipper, Job will involve all of above, now help!!!!:scared:
What a friend of mine did she went and worked for someone for a little while then, she set up shop on her own once she had established a good reputation. She didn't do too badly brought her own house and brought up 3 kids on her Todd, no man helped support her. Some hair-dressers/beauty salons also gave their staff commission on any of the products or services they sold the most of. Each service had so many points. A friend's girlfriend used to work in one in Melbourne, put me going off though as a customer, I could have ended up having perms, colours, the whole lot in one day, lol. But the girls made good money.

Hope this gives you a bit of encouragement.
Dolphin Girl.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by hevs
My point entirely!!!

Twelve bucks an hour :scared: Peeeerleeese let me get more than that, please, i'm bloody good me gov, honest

Theres also all different levels of all the different things i do OK, I just want the top level right???

*eerrhumm* writes note *havn't actually been for interview yet*

Blimey hevs

I got more digging dirt.....

booboo
Old Jul 21st 2004, 11:54 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all

Don't know how it went, hard to tell. Said they'd let me know monday. I think they may have wanted someone who could work more hours, time will tel (pardon the pun!!)

D. G. This is gonna be award plus incentives for product sales and rewards in ways of products and training courses, nights out etc, for good workers!!

Anya, we don't need an excuse.

Booboo all that digging might damage my nails though

PS> the owner didn't actually know the award, apparently its all just changed