Reload this Page >

do you know a good site

do you know a good site

Old Mar 29th 2004, 10:42 am
kez
Forum Regular

kez is on a distinguished road
Default do you know a good site

i would like to find work before i commit to going to australia. is there a web site where jobs for potential migrants are advertised - seek and career one all say you must be eligible to work there before applying.

i would like to be able to secure a job before i go (wouldnt we all!!) i just think it would make me feel much better if i was sure i could get work.
Old Mar 29th 2004, 10:46 am
99.99999% there !

EssexNobby is an unknown quantity at this point

I look at Jobserve quite a lot :-

www.jobserve.com.au

but it also says on all it's job ads that applicants must be resident in AUS
Old Mar 29th 2004, 10:55 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Also try the newspapers (particulary on Saturday)
Like www.thewest.com.au

And also try companies direct, like go to their website (big companies anyway) and go to the 'jobs' or 'vacancies' bit.

Or try 'open' applications (is that what it's called in English too?? The open bit I mean, that you just write to the company saying you're looking for a job, tell them what experience you have etc etc)

Good luck, it's VERY difficult usually, but I guess it depends on what kind of job you are looking for!

Old Mar 29th 2004, 11:01 am
kez
Forum Regular

kez is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Simone82
Also try the newspapers (particulary on Saturday)
Like www.thewest.com.au

And also try companies direct, like go to their website (big companies anyway) and go to the 'jobs' or 'vacancies' bit.

Or try 'open' applications (is that what it's called in English too?? The open bit I mean, that you just write to the company saying you're looking for a job, tell them what experience you have etc etc)

Good luck, it's VERY difficult usually, but I guess it depends on what kind of job you are looking for!

thanks loads - i was beginning to get quite dispondent about the whole thing because i thought i wouldnt be able to apply for a job until i got there.

i will try these suggestions - thanks.