Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do you have to work in the skill that you are tra'd for

Do you have to work in the skill that you are tra'd for

Old Jan 31st 2004, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

Mr&MrsPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do you have to work in the skill that you are tra'd for

My husband is applying for a skilled independent visa. Basically we applied part of his skill set to a specific category (which he is able to prove with certification and work experience) to enable us to qualify for the 60 points and he is just about ready to send off his TRA.

My question is this, his skill set is a lot more diverse than is required to qualify for his particular category and probably he would not be looking for work in this field. Assuming we get the visa, does he have to work in the field that enabled him to get his visa or can he look for a different type of work.

He read that once you have used a time period and specific skill sets you can't use them to apply for different licences. However, my argument is that only parts of his work apply to the skill category so surely he would be able to quote the other ones when applying for different licences.

I hope this makes sense, sorry to ramble.
Old Jan 31st 2004, 3:05 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you have to work in the skill that you are tra'd for

Originally posted by Mr&MrsPom
My husband is applying for a skilled independent visa. Basically we applied part of his skill set to a specific category (which he is able to prove with certification and work experience) to enable us to qualify for the 60 points and he is just about ready to send off his TRA.

My question is this, his skill set is a lot more diverse than is required to qualify for his particular category and probably he would not be looking for work in this field. Assuming we get the visa, does he have to work in the field that enabled him to get his visa or can he look for a different type of work.

He read that once you have used a time period and specific skill sets you can't use them to apply for different licences. However, my argument is that only parts of his work apply to the skill category so surely he would be able to quote the other ones when applying for different licences.

ummmm, not sure...probably best to keep bumping this thread to the top so you eventually get an answer!!!
got a feeling that unless tra specify it you can do whatever you please when you get to oz!!!!!
Old Jan 31st 2004, 3:40 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you have to work in the skill that you are tra'd for

Originally posted by Mr&MrsPom

have a rummage through here or try a search http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t+job+from+tra
Old Jan 31st 2004, 6:15 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Im with TWT...thought you could do whatever job you want once you get there...which doesnt really make that much sense...No way do I intend to do skill occ anyways...