Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do you have to pay school fees in WA on a temp student visa?

Do you have to pay school fees in WA on a temp student visa?

Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Bradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really nice
Default Do you have to pay school fees in WA on a temp student visa?

Hi all,

Have any of you that are studying in WA on a temp. student visa having to pay school fees for your children?

I read a post earlier and the person who posted has been told that they don't have to pay school fees.

If you are paying, how much does it cost?

I have read the bit on international students on the WA government website, but don't know what to think. People wouldn't say that they didn't have to pay if they did.

Any help will be gratefully recieved,

Thanks
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:31 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you have to pay school fees in WA on a temp student visa?

Originally Posted by Bradburns
Hi all,

Have any of you that are studying in WA on a temp. student visa having to pay school fees for your children?

I read a post earlier and the person who posted has been told that they don't have to pay school fees.

I have read the bit on international students on the WA government website, but don't know what to think. People wouldn't say that they didn't have to pay if they did.

Thanks
Student visa holders have to pay school fees in WA. I believe it is around $4500 per year per child.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

werty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nice

HIya,

It was me who posted! I had been told you dont pay but it looks like we do.

Most temp visa you dont pay school fees in wa but ours it looks as if you do!

I should find out today from the school what exactly, my son is 4 and will be in pre-primary.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 1:11 am
Just Joined

gumnut baby is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bradburns
Hi all,

Thanks
I do believe the only way you won't have to pay school fees on a temporary student visa in WA is if you are studying for a Masters or a PhD.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

Bradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really nice

Thanks for the replys, thought it sounded too good to be true, never mind.