Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do you have a favourite thread ?

Do you have a favourite thread ?

Old Apr 8th 2005, 9:38 pm
Don't use It's green card

baconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of light
Default Do you have a favourite thread ?

Do you have a favourite thread, mine if the "Am I too fat" one, what is yours and why ?
Old Apr 8th 2005, 9:55 pm

baconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Do you have a favourite thread ?

Originally Posted by baconmaster
Do you have a favourite thread, mine if the "Am I too fat" one, what is yours and why ?
9 viewings and not one response, come on expats, you can do better than that.
Old Apr 8th 2005, 9:55 pm
wombat42

Yes , the one below, which l started. It created a heated debate,so heated the moderator had to close it down.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249011

Last edited by wombat42; Apr 8th 2005 at 10:01 pm.

Old Apr 8th 2005, 9:57 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

My fave is the spider one started by Rooksie, will see if I can find it...
Old Apr 8th 2005, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by wombat42
Yes , the one below, which l started. It created a heated debate , so heated the moderator had to close the thread down.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249011

closed down, good stuff, I like it, a bit of anarchy, we need more contraverstial threads that gets closed down and no more of this "I went to the dentist and it hurt". What next, " I drank lots of water and had to do a wee ?"
Old Apr 8th 2005, 9:59 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Here it is: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291389 :scared:
Old Apr 8th 2005, 10:06 pm
wombat42

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=259078

Last edited by wombat42; Apr 8th 2005 at 10:08 pm.

Old Apr 8th 2005, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by bridiej
Have heard about the huntsman, my Mrs will spill her ring if she sees one!!!
Old Apr 8th 2005, 10:13 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, that's a good one
Old Apr 8th 2005, 10:19 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

My favourite is OK, so who's had the worse morning?

Old Apr 8th 2005, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by wmoore

I like it, there's nothing as funny as someone else's misfortune !!!
Old Apr 8th 2005, 10:23 pm
What's happening dudes?

I like it, there's nothing as funny as someone else's misfortune !!!
Too right BTW Wombat's link to the BBC story is working for me.
Old Apr 8th 2005, 10:56 pm

Too right BTW Wombat's link to the BBC story is working for me.
no, still doesn't work, people at work said it wasn't working....... better stop paying the licence fee!!!
Old Apr 8th 2005, 10:59 pm
What's happening dudes?

no, still doesn't work, people at work said it wasn't working....... better stop paying the licence fee!!!
I have already

Just for you:
Originally Posted by www.bbc.co.uk
A West Midlands family is playing a central role in the quest to raise the profile of a forgotten British dish - faggots. The Doody family from Wolverhampton has been crowned The Faggot Family in a national competition, and to kick off their reign they will launch National Faggot Week.

The family will be touring the country extolling the virtues of the dish, which is best-known for its links with the Black Country.

The Doody family were chosen to front the campaign after impressing judges at the Savoy Hotel in London in November.

Faggot facts
Faggots were called "savoury ducks" in the Middle Ages

Faggots were named after the Latin word for bundle

Faggots were originally made with pig's liver and offal

Faggots are now made from pork liver and pork

Fans have published the Good Faggot Guide

They displayed their fanaticism for the delicacy during quizzes, role-plays and mock commercials.

"The nation knows that the Cornish pasty, Yorkshire pudding, haggis and fish and chips are great British dishes, but all too often the faggot is left off that list," said Janet Doody.

Her husband Fred added: "It's unfair because faggots were a British delicacy long before any of the others.

"The great British faggot is full of flavour and a great belly warmer at this time of year."

The family, including Lewis, 13, and Grace, 7, eat faggots twice a week, with mashed potato and mushy peas, and will be launching the awareness campaign on Tuesday at Liverpool University, followed by visits this week to Nottingham, Leeds, Sheffield and Birmingham.

The competition was organised by faggot producer Mr Brain's Faggots.
Old Apr 8th 2005, 11:03 pm

I have already

Just for you:

Thanks for that, "the faggot is a great belly warmer", that is enough to make anyone emmigrate!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.