Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do you have a business in oz

Do you have a business in oz

Old Apr 27th 2007, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default Do you have a business in oz

Was wondering of those who moved to australia,who started up there own business and in what,i plan on going there some day and am looking into working for myself,but maybe do my trade for a while to get going at first.
Has anyone any good ideas,that they think would work well in australia.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 9:38 pm

Ruby slippers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Do you have a business in oz

A rotating room that sprays you with sunscreen?? sorry, not much help I guess...good luck
Old Apr 27th 2007, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

RichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of light

Please be more specific. What sort of business do you intend to setup?

There's huge potential for many businesses over here, the Aussies have really missed out a few things.

Cheers,

Rich
Old Apr 27th 2007, 11:37 pm
In New Yorshire

tyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by brian.w
Was wondering of those who moved to australia,who started up there own business and in what,i plan on going there some day and am looking into working for myself,but maybe do my trade for a while to get going at first.
It depends what skills you have and if you can build on them here.

Good tip .......find a good accountant.He/she should be able to help and advise on setting up ands what's involved.We eventually found a good accountant.

You have to consider what business is here already.Perhaps because it is not here it is not needed?

We came over brimming with ideas.....now doing business we would not have dreamed of in the UK!!

There are no get rich quick schemes here - just a lot of get poor quick ones
Old Apr 27th 2007, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

Ding Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really nice

There might be a call for PIE & MASH shops. I know i'll miss it when i'm in Oz
Old Apr 27th 2007, 11:55 pm
In New Yorshire

tyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ding Dong
There might be a call for PIE & MASH shops. I know i'll miss it when i'm in Oz

I'd thought of going back into my old trade of fish and chips.

I ran a traditional Yorkshire one - frying in beef dripping.

Just can't get the stuff here!!
Old Apr 27th 2007, 11:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tyke

Let me know when you open and where it is, I'll come and buy some
Old Apr 28th 2007, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

Ding Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really nice

Yep... Count me in tyke
Old Apr 28th 2007, 12:18 am
In New Yorshire

Don't think it will happen now.

Not keen on working those hot nights!!
Old Apr 28th 2007, 1:44 am
Forum Regular

nzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nice

Originally Posted by tyke

First thing I do when I go home to NZ on visits is head to the chippy. Jez my mouths watering just thinking about it
Old Apr 28th 2007, 3:27 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

Originally Posted by brian.w
I set up respraying forklifts all good here