Reload this Page >

Do you get the WOBBLES!!!!!

Do you get the WOBBLES!!!!!

Old May 12th 2003, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do you get the WOBBLES!!!!!

Hi Peeps

Though I was born in Mel. and have been yearning to return for years and years, hubby and I quite often get what I call the wobbles.
We get really scared and wonder if we should leave our beautiful home etc etc. It,s very scary leaving security but exciting and challenging to go to Aus. With a child to care for , it is even more worrisome. Dont get me wrong, we are still going for it but I would like to know what everyone else goes through emotionally etc so that I dont feel such an emotional wassack.

Go on everyone get all emotional on me .....

Cheers BooBoo
(the scared but determined)
Old May 12th 2003, 12:50 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

It scares the life outta me, :scared: :scared:
Old May 12th 2003, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Ruthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of light

Im worried....
Its an expensive move, we'll have to start from scratch....and the place is gonna be full of aussies
Old May 12th 2003, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Now that,s what I wanna hear folks. Are we all quaking in our shoes !!!

Just keep on heading forward paulf, we are , sweat dripping from our brows,

Cheers BooBoo
(group hug)
Old May 12th 2003, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Ruthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of light

I think the babies will do best of all.
Old May 12th 2003, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have some fleeting moments when I wonder whether we are doing the right thing. They soon pass though. I can't say that there have been any concerns that would stop us from going. I still say it is better to go and find its not for you than forever wonder.
Old May 12th 2003, 1:06 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Booboo, I think Claire sums up the way I feel about it.
I do want to try living in another country with what I believe will be a better standard of life for the kids.
However what I don't fancy is retraining so I,ll be trying very hard to stay in my current line of work and going to whichever state that pulls my CV from the datbase. in fact I am toying with the idea of six months on (uk) and six months off (oz).
But I still have to tell the wife this:scared:
Old May 12th 2003, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

now that would be perfect...if I wasnt scared of flying Id be doing that too
Old May 12th 2003, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

tractorboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wobbles

Gave in my notice at work today which after having been there 16 years was quite a challenge !! Everybody v. understanding about me leaving though. Seems scary that at some point later this year we will turn up in Vic with me having no job to go to and not even knowing where in Vic we will be going. A complete blank sheet of paper which in some ways is great but in others is totally scary !!! Roll up roll up & ride the emotional rollercoaster!!
:scared: :scared:
Old May 12th 2003, 3:46 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I think the most scary bit is leaving a really stable job and arriving in a new country to start again. I've been in the same job since 1989, and the thought of having to send out resumes and go to interviews is terrifying.
I just have to keep telling myself it'll be worth it in the end.
Good to know I'm not the only one feeling this way!

Pollyana
Old May 12th 2003, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

cazz is on a distinguished road

Hi i got wobbles yesterday, but today i can't wait to go talk about a rollercoaster of emotions!!!
Old May 12th 2003, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

Garland is on a distinguished road

with 4 or 5 weeks to go I feel that we are experiencing a different kind of "wobbles". I really don't like it!! Despite doing the research and believing it will be a great move for us as a family I can't get into feeling really excited/happy (as everybody tells me I must be feeling) as it feels so emotional!!! I don't think I can shake off the sadness of knowing I won't be seeing my Mum and sister for goodness knows how long?? and I think with children it does feel more weighted as their happiness is SO important to you! I know when we have been in Perth it felt right and we felt happy and could see the advantages for us, I think this is just personally a hard stage? I really can't bear the thought of a leaving party!! althought I bet down the road when we are settled I'll probably regret it! Well I'm pregnant so I'm putting it all down to hormones..I cry at "this is your life" for goodness sakes and that isn't normal...is it?
Old May 12th 2003, 4:50 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

I know just what you mean about the 'wobbles'

we got our visa's last week and for a couple of days i was as high as a kite..then for the next couple of days i was very low and thinking omg..what the hell am i doing??

now im feeling more settled and determined, but the 'headless chicken' thing is kicking in..

im hopefully finishing work at the end of june and going to oz in aug if all goes to plan, but we're putting the house on the market this week. our neighbours cant sell their house ( they want it but have had theirs up for sale for 12 weeks ish with no bites!!)

but isnt it frustrating how you can do 'this' and 'that' till youve done the other and you cant do that cos you havent done the first thing....gawd does anyone know what i mean!!!!:scared:

good luck everyone!!
Old May 12th 2003, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

monks is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there..Me and hubby went to Mel at xmas, he has retired cousins living there and we so loved it..We came home and have talked non stop about living their for the last 3 months..so now we have started the process but it is as everyone is saying VERY scary..I come from a big family of 6, hubby a family of 1 so he has left all the say so up to me as he thinks i have more to give up than him..but hay we have no kids so we only have ourselves to look out for and as we all know...you only live once so make the best of it while your here..
good luck to everyone..
Old May 12th 2003, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Do you get the WOBBLES!!!!!

Personally I feel as if we've got nothing to lose! Well, perhaps what you'll spend on the move itself, but then again it's probably no more than a few holidays. Most people are buying property over there so you'll always have the equity. If it doesn't work out after a few years, or more, then we'll just come back!

You won't become destitute, (unless things really go tits up!), so chill out & enjoy the adventure!

Gra...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.