Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do you get Strongbow Cider in Australia ?

Do you get Strongbow Cider in Australia ?

Old Jun 17th 2009, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

AlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the rough
Default Do you get Strongbow Cider in Australia ?

My wife and I are looking at all the things we will miss from UK,before we move across. I'm worried about all the serious things like giving up my job, and being able to get a good job in Australia. I'm concerned about whether the kids will like it, the day to day experience of commuting to work, the ability to settle in at work, etc.

So I ask my wife what is she worried about missing in the Uk, and she says
"Do you get Strongbow in Australia ?".

Now if they did the IELTS for my wife they would carry out a negative score, to assess the drivel that comes out of her mouth. She is sitting watching that moronic programme "Big Brother", with her can of strongbow, whilst a bunch of numpty's make a complete t_t of themselves.

And for some reason I married this numpty ?!

At the end of the day, I'm glad she is coming across with me, where else would I be without ma wuman. If she is happy, then I will be happy.

Therefore would be really happy if someone could confirm if Strongbow Cider is available in Australia, cause I can just see us down the Kings Park with our carry out

Thanks
Old Jun 17th 2009, 9:53 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you get Strongbow Cider in Australia ?

Originally Posted by AlanEll
My wife and I are looking at all the things we will miss from UK,before we move across. I'm worried about all the serious things like giving up my job, and being able to get a good job in Australia. I'm concerned about whether the kids will like it, the day to day experience of commuting to work, the ability to settle in at work, etc.

So I ask my wife what is she worried about missing in the Uk, and she says

Now if they did the IELTS for my wife they would carry out a negative score, to assess the drivel that comes out of her mouth. She is sitting watching that moronic programme "Big Brother", with her can of strongbow, whilst a bunch of numpty's make a complete t_t of themselves.

And for some reason I married this numpty ?!

At the end of the day, I'm glad she is coming across with me, where else would I be without ma wuman. If she is happy, then I will be happy.

Therefore would be really happy if someone could confirm if Strongbow Cider is available in Australia, cause I can just see us down the Kings Park with our carry out

Thanks
Yes you can BUT its a different Strongbow. Brewed here and ranls alongside Cats pee in the drinking stakes
Old Jun 17th 2009, 10:06 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Do you get Strongbow Cider in Australia ?

Originally Posted by AlanEll
Yes, and in a wider range of varieties than you get in the UK.

I miss Strongbow White. It was stronger than the UK versions, but they don't make it anymore.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

woodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to all

You can get Gaymer's. Pretty sure its from the UK, also ciders from Normandy
Old Jun 18th 2009, 3:57 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

you do on the GC and i sometimes have strongbow original (red) but i haven't noticed a difference in flavour??

check Dan Murphys website out.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 4:26 am
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in melbourne and you defo get it in most bottle shops and bars down here.
I have sampled it (regularly -just call me ciderwoman)and it tastes the same as the stuff you get in the UK to me - I haven't seen it in cans so far, just bottles, and I have never found anywhere that sells it on draught yet - the hunt is ongoing though....
Old Jun 18th 2009, 4:26 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Yes, and in a wider range of varieties than you get in the UK.
A wider range of varieties... two, if you are lucky?
Old Jun 18th 2009, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

In the UK, Strongbow is available in four different forms. Original, Extra Cold (draught only, chilled to a few degrees lower than normal draught Strongbow), Strongbow Black formerly Strongbow Super (7.5% ABV) and the newer Strongbow Sirrus (5% ABV), which was launched in summer 2005 to compete with C&C's Magners Original Irish Cider. Sirrus was formulated as a 'smooth' cider designed to be poured over ice, and is only available in bottles, whereas the normal variety is available in cans, bottles and on draught, Strongbow Super is only available in cans.

In the USA and Australia, Strongbow is also available but is brewed to a strength of only 5% ABV.[2] In Canada, Strongbow is available at the typical 5.3% ABV. Strongbow is available in three varieties in Australia: Dry, Sweet and Original. Previously Strongbow White was available in Australia, which had a much higher alcohol content (8.5%). It ceased production sometime after 2000. In the USA and Canada, only Strongbow Original is commonly available.

So there ya go.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 4:32 am
Just Joined

Phil Reader is an unknown quantity at this point

the strongbow here is definatley not the same, much to my disappointment. but theres a couple of aussie ciders- Pipsqueak (made by same company that does little creatures beer) and mercury artesian which are very good. both only been availble in the last couple of years, and ciders is getting more availble in pubs too, and the wine in pubs is generally much better if thats any good for her?
Old Jun 18th 2009, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Phil Reader
the strongbow here is definatley not the same, much to my disappointment. but theres a couple of aussie ciders- Pipsqueak (made by same company that does little creatures beer) and mercury artesian which are very good. both only been availble in the last couple of years, and ciders is getting more availble in pubs too, and the wine in pubs is generally much better if thats any good for her?
We are going to have to agree to disagree. IMO it tastes exactly the same. And i have tasted a lot of it!
Only thing is you cant get the Strongbow black so will have to sample a bit more for the same effect.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 8:47 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it's def here in the Sunshine Coast

My hubby is a cider drinker and was gutted when he heard we couldn't buy it in Oz.

Then I spotted bottles of Strongbow (dry, sweet or original) in a BWS shop. He was over the moon. Not seen cans though

The fridge in our garage normally has a supply of Strongbow in it LOL

Beth x x
Old Jun 18th 2009, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

If you're looking for a really good scrumpy-type cider, I've just discovered Duck and Bull @ 9%. Not sure if you can get it outside of Melbourne...
http://www.henrycider.com/

We can get Bulmers cider on tap at a local Irish Bar - not bad for $5.50 a pint
Old Jun 18th 2009, 11:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Crow
If you're looking for a really good scrumpy-type cider, I've just discovered Duck and Bull @ 9%. Not sure if you can get it outside of Melbourne...
http://www.henrycider.com/

Bloody hell it's about $ 8.50 up here Cue Polly rushing to book a seat to Melbourne
Old Jun 18th 2009, 11:59 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Bloody hell it's about $ 8.50 up here Cue Polly rushing to book a seat to Melbourne
Lots of Frequent Flyer points at present, that might not be a bad idea....just got to find a mate to come with me.........
Old Jun 18th 2009, 2:15 pm
Hasta la victoria siempre

johnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The Crow
Which is your local Irish bar? I can see myself coming over to the 'Nongs for a night out on the lash!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.