British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Do you get more than one attempt at TRA? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/do-you-get-more-than-one-attempt-tra-279970/)

cooperman Jan 25th 2005 7:51 pm

Do you get more than one attempt at TRA?

Dear all,I was wondering if you fail the skills assessment at TRA ,do you get another chance to reapply or is it all over???

kevinl Jan 25th 2005 8:16 pm

Re: Do you get more than one attempt at TRA?

Originally Posted by cooperman
Dear all,I was wondering if you fail the skills assessment at TRA ,do you get another chance to reapply or is it all over???

As far as I am aware you can apply as many times as you like but each application will be compared to any previous application.

Bridie or kenjan are applying a second time so they would know better.

Kevin

ub40fan Jan 25th 2005 9:06 pm

Hi guys,

I am still a bit new to this and sorry if I appear a bit thick but what is TRA?

S

bridiej Jan 26th 2005 7:28 am

Yes, you can apply as many times as you like but they do indeed check against your previous application so you couldnt, for instance, exaggerate anything on your second application!!

Our second one is with our agent for final checks and hope to be in over the next week or so.

Apparently the second one is harder due to the fact that they have the original one but hopefully it will be OK.!!!

wargod Jan 26th 2005 7:31 am

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Hi guys,

I am still a bit new to this and sorry if I appear a bit thick but what is TRA?

S

TRA is the assessing body for certain jobs (trades)

bridiej Jan 26th 2005 9:09 am

Originally Posted by wargod
TRA is the assessing body for certain jobs (trades)

It stands for Trades Recognition Australia

keel Jan 26th 2005 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by cooperman

Yes Cooperman you can apply again. I recieved my TRA assessment then applied to emmigrate then fell foul to the deadly deeming date problem (the date they deem you to be qualified as a tradesman) about 3 years ago. I reaplied with fresh evidence and proof that I'd balls'ed up the first and got a new one which was satisfactory.

Been here 17 months now.

Keel

bridiej Jan 26th 2005 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by keel
Yes Cooperman you can apply again. I recieved my TRA assessment then applied to emmigrate then fell foul to the deadly deeming date problem (the date they deem you to be qualified as a tradesman) about 3 years ago. I reaplied with fresh evidence and proof that I'd balls'ed up the first and got a new one which was satisfactory.

Been here 17 months now.

Keel

That's good to hear, we were thinking doom and gloom when we first failed!