Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do Wombats Hibernate ?

Do Wombats Hibernate ?

Old Jun 21st 2005, 12:26 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold
Default Do Wombats Hibernate ?

Its been very quiet on the wombat front lately.

Without his constant reminders, I'm no longer certain as to whether I'm more likely to get struck by lightning on land or attacked by a shark whilst surfing !!

I think Australia is the best country on earth...at least, I think I do...am I right Wombat???

Has anyone heard from him lately ? perhaps he is overseas on hols ? enjoying summer in the UK ? or maybe his burrow has collapsed and stuffed his keyboard?
Old Jun 21st 2005, 12:38 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do Wombats Hibernate ?

Originally Posted by Del Boy

Without his constant reminders, I'm no longer certain as to whether I'm more likely to get struck by lightning on land or attacked by a shark whilst surfing !!

I think Australia is the best country on earth...at least, I think I do...am I right Wombat???

Has anyone heard from him lately ? perhaps he is overseas on hols ? enjoying summer in the UK ? or maybe his burrow has collapsed and stuffed his keyboard?
LOL he hasnt been put on global ignore like he used to gloat that other people had been, has he?
Old Jun 21st 2005, 1:29 am
Sydney- North Shore

jjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
LOL he hasnt been put on global ignore like he used to gloat that other people had been, has he?
also what happened to go bananas?
Old Jun 21st 2005, 1:33 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jjonboy
erm, I think there's a bit of a story there...I'm sure one of the WA posters will be be able to fill you in on that.
Old Jun 21st 2005, 1:36 am
Sydney- North Shore

jjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant future

erm, I think there's a bit of a story there...I'm sure one of the WA posters will be be able to fill you in on that.
OOH GOSSIP????
Old Jun 21st 2005, 1:40 am
Absinthe Minded

OOH GOSSIP????
not sure of the details, but something was said and taken to heart, I think....maybe a search will reveal?
Old Jun 21st 2005, 1:50 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

If Australia start winning at cricket again he will be back.
Old Jun 21st 2005, 1:52 am
Absinthe Minded

Originally Posted by bondipom
If Australia start winning at cricket again he will be back.
Lol....fair comment
Old Jun 21st 2005, 2:39 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

She's no longer a BE member. She unregistered herself a few weeks ago, after she was slagged off by another member.
The whole thing grew arms & legs, and got a bit out of hand.

Not really for me to say any more, as I know Jill personally, & don't want to drag it all up again.
Old Jun 21st 2005, 2:39 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Nah, he saw it coming according to this post back in April.
Spooky - he must have some sort of ESP:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=299635

"Re: So why is it that the Aussie's hate the Poms?
Because we are jealous that you have the world best cricket team that thrashes us in humiliating one sided defeats every time we play against each other"

wombat where are you? - you got it right at last, so there is no need to burrow , the English team humiliated Aus.
Old Jun 21st 2005, 3:00 am
Sydney- North Shore

Originally Posted by Scossie
She's no longer a BE member. She unregistered herself a few weeks ago, after she was slagged off by another member.
The whole thing grew arms & legs, and got a bit out of hand.

Not really for me to say any more, as I know Jill personally, & don't want to drag it all up again.
fair enough...! thanks for the update!

Pity cause there were a lot of followers of their posts and they were valuable to anyone still in UK