Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do we try again!!

Do we try again!!

Old May 17th 2011, 11:52 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do we try again!!

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Sorry, did that come over harsher than I meant it to? I just don't get how someone who presumably knows what they're talking about RRV wise could say that I keep going back and rereading the OP just to check I've not read it wrong.
The only area I can see where they might get an RRV is that they don't say how long they were here the second time? I don't get the feeling it was for any length of time though.
Old May 18th 2011, 4:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wigley
Hi Sunshine
The 1st time my father-in-law passed away just before we were due to go and we needed to valid our visa's, so bad timing and the 2nd time I was very homesick and hubby was finding work hard to find - he's a carpenter, and I never gave it a chance (hindsight a wonderful thing).
If you were out here 6/7 years ago or even 3/4 years ago, the building industry was a dream ride compared to now. There are far more construction workers than jobs.

Pay hasn't gone up in that time either, in fact its far more competitive now so for many wages have gone down. In that time the cost of living in OZ has increased beyond belief.

I would put some serious research into jobs and cost of living before making any decisions, going on what it used to be like might give you a major shock!

Maybe a quick job and fact finding mission might be more economical prior to selling up again because OMBG how rich are you
Old May 18th 2011, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
If you were out here 6/7 years ago or even 3/4 years ago, the building industry was a dream ride compared to now. There are far more construction workers than jobs.

Pay hasn't gone up in that time either, in fact its far more competitive now so for many wages have gone down. In that time the cost of living in OZ has increased beyond belief.

I would put some serious research into jobs and cost of living before making any decisions, going on what it used to be like might give you a major shock!

Maybe a quick job and fact finding mission might be more economical prior to selling up again because OMBG how rich are you
You are not talking about Melbourne i presume in terms of construction work or wages. There has been more work here in the last 4 years than you could shake a stick at and i doubt anybody is earning less or even the same as 4 years ago.
Old May 18th 2011, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

sutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to all

Hi
I will keep this short and brief as it could turn into a long one!
We were granted our visa for Australia about 6/7 years ago. We, my husband and 2 girls packed up and sold everything and moved to Oz and then returned without even emptying our container. We then brought a house in the UK promptly selling up again after 2 years and moving everything back to Oz only to return to the UK once more, where we are now....... but are wanting to go again
We have been advised by our migration consultant that we could apply for a resident return visa. Do we try again (3rd time lucky)? maybe our 22 year old won't come? or do we save our money (as it has already cost a fortune) and 'move on' are we too old now.
Hi wigley.

I totally sympathise with your situation as i am in exactly the same boat.
We went to oz in 2009 and ended up coming back after only 6 weeks. We had a very rough time there and unfortunately we buckled at the first hurdle and came back to the uk. I have 3 girls also, me and my hubby whos a builder (bricklayer/plasterer) .
I want to go back and try again but my hubby doesnt.
Old May 18th 2011, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

kericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud of

hi sutty can you tell me what your reasons were for coming back,me and my husband are in discussion now about going back again and this will be our 3rd time,and what are your reasons for wanting to go back again.
Old May 18th 2011, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

sutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kericare
hi sutty can you tell me what your reasons were for coming back,me and my husband are in discussion now about going back again and this will be our 3rd time,and what are your reasons for wanting to go back again.
Have pm you.
Old May 18th 2011, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light

As has been said before, I very much doubt you'll be allowed back anyway so pointless to worry about it.
Old May 18th 2011, 4:34 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ValeSpark
It would be lovely if they worked, but unfortunately they normally only show your frame of mind, and as I know, are pretty useless 12 months later.

Do I think its possible to make it work on the third attempt.....I bloody hope so, otherwise I am doomed

Being honest with yourself with regard to the reasons you returned are the key. Alot of people will say, "came back because of a family health issue" or some similar crisis, but underneath, was that just an excuse that allowed you to return to the UK, without stating that you were unhappy in Oz??

I hope you find your peace, whether it is UK, Australia or somewhere else, living in Limbo is no fun. Good luck

I didn't say they worked!

I bloody hope it's 3rd time lucky for you too
Old May 18th 2011, 4:37 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
People don't normally send containers for a validation trip.
You haven't seen the amount of clothes I take just for a weekend away
Old May 19th 2011, 11:20 am
Just Joined

Wigley is an unknown quantity at this point

i know exactly where your coming from,me and my family had done it twice,well 3 times with validating.we first went out november 07 to activate our visas for 3 weeks and by the time we had returned our house was sold,everything went so quick it was like a whirlwind,we had always talked about oz and starting a new life out there for me hubby and the kids a better way of life for us all,so in march 08 we landed in oz to start our new lives everything was really daunting at first getting cars,sorting rentals kids out jobs etc.it wasnt easy and was very stressful at the time,but after a few weeks kids were in school,hubby at work and thats when reality kicked in i thought omg ,over time i just couldnt settle and so in december when my family came out we decided we wanted to come back home,we came back jan 09,after spending 6 wks back in the uk we decided to give it another go as i knew we hadnt given it long enough,and what happened again after 5 months of being bk there it was happening again being homesick,so we are now back in the uk have been back now for nearly 2 yrs and as time has gone i just cant settle,my hubby and the kids didnt want to come bk but it was me i came back for the wrong reasons totally for friends and family not thinking of my own,my eldest is nearly 14 now and we have spoken to him about it and he says he wants to go back,i feel that i have messed them up all because of how i was feeling and not taking into considiration for kids and hubby.i really wanna be back out there now at the end of the day i never gave it enough time,and as time has gone on here i know that its being back there that i want to be we all do,my family and friends have their own lives and so do i ,i know that now and ive got to think of my kids and their future,i wish i could turn bk time but thats gone now so ive just got to look forward,we are now having to put our house up for sale which we bought when we came back so im hoping it will sell before its too late,i did like it out there but as i said i came back for the wrong reasons and now were living it again i now know where i want to be,you have to give it time living in another country they say at least 2 yrs and i didnt and i regret that totally i just wished i had seen things differently and not for myself im just hoping its not gonna be too late.
One person that can relate to me! almost a corbon copy of our lives.

Good Luck

I did keep everything very brief, but one thing for sure was that we did love it as a country and every thing that went with it, it was a question of being very homesick, even though I have a brother there. But as the quote above mentions we never gave it enough time.

We need to have a looooong chat at home and I will take all the considerations onboard (even though I think we have gone over them all)

Old May 19th 2011, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

kericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud of

One person that can relate to me! almost a corbon copy of our lives.

Good Luck

I did keep everything very brief, but one thing for sure was that we did love it as a country and every thing that went with it, it was a question of being very homesick, even though I have a brother there. But as the quote above mentions we never gave it enough time.

We need to have a looooong chat at home and I will take all the considerations onboard (even though I think we have gone over them all)

hi wigley,how long was you over there for where abouts in oz were you,how long have you got left on yr visas i know exactly what you mean all we do is talk about it all the time our family even though i know what i want now and that is to make it work this time around time goes so quick
Old May 19th 2011, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

hi wigley,how long was you over there for where abouts in oz were you,how long have you got left on yr visas i know exactly what you mean all we do is talk about it all the time our family even though i know what i want now and that is to make it work this time around time goes so quick
sorry i have just seen first message you had put on here,are you sure you would be able to get back in even though what yr migration agent has said,how long was you there for the second time
Old May 19th 2011, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

sorry i have just seen first message you had put on here,are you sure you would be able to get back in even though what yr migration agent has said,how long was you there for the second time

We have already had a migration assessment on us for our RRV just need to make the next step.
Old May 19th 2011, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sutty77
Hi wigley.

I totally sympathise with your situation as i am in exactly the same boat.
We went to oz in 2009 and ended up coming back after only 6 weeks. We had a very rough time there and unfortunately we buckled at the first hurdle and came back to the uk. I have 3 girls also, me and my hubby whos a builder (bricklayer/plasterer) .
I want to go back and try again but my hubby doesnt.
There are more people like us than I thought. It's very difficult but I feel that we never gave it a chance and like you jumped ship way to soon.

Our big decision is our eldest daughter who is now 22 (our RRV would include her as she was on the original application) Need to see how she feels about it all as I won't go without her.
Old May 19th 2011, 12:27 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

We have already had a migration assessment on us for our RRV just need to make the next step.
Perhaps get a second or even third opinion to make sure it's realistically do-able?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.