Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do we take our medical records with us

Do we take our medical records with us

Old Feb 1st 2008, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

Sean and Louise is just really niceSean and Louise is just really niceSean and Louise is just really niceSean and Louise is just really niceSean and Louise is just really niceSean and Louise is just really niceSean and Louise is just really niceSean and Louise is just really niceSean and Louise is just really nice
Question Do we take our medical records with us

Hi,
We have been quoted £50 each to have our medical records done to take to Australia with us from our Doctors.
But do we really need to take these as it will be £300 pounds as we are a family of 6.
Has anyone gone over without there records or do we have to take them to get registered at a Doctors in Australia.

Thanks Sean
Old Feb 1st 2008, 6:05 pm
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice
Default Re: Do we take our medical records with us

Hello!

I got a copy of my medical records and it only cost me £10!!!

I think you'd only really need to take a copy with you if there is something that you'd want docs to know about it Aus?!
Old Feb 1st 2008, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

gerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to all

i aint taking mine
Old Feb 1st 2008, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

We didn't take ours.

You only really need to do this if you have a medical condition or ongoing problems.

Kerry
Old Feb 1st 2008, 8:37 pm
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice

Originally Posted by fin
Hello!

I got a copy of my medical records and it only cost me £10!!!

I think you'd only really need to take a copy with you if there is something that you'd want docs to know about it Aus?!

I meant 'IN' Aus not 'IT' Aus - oops!
Old Feb 1st 2008, 8:42 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Like Kerry says - you only need to take them if there is a pre-existing condition for which doctors here would need to see tests/results etc for. We brought all of ours across and its only mine that we've needed (I have a pre-existing condition).