Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do we ring Adelaide?

Do we ring Adelaide?

Old Sep 30th 2002, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

kango_jack will become famous soon enoughkango_jack will become famous soon enough
Default Do we ring Adelaide?

We know this subject has been debated lots on the forum, and compared to most we have not been waiting that long as we applied in Feb02 when the IT fast track was in place.
The problem is that we submitted our medicals in the middle of June and have not heard anything since.
We tried e-mailing Adelaide, at which point we found out we have a new case officer - will this affect the time we are waiting? as we were really hoping to hear something by now.
Another worry is that we have sold the house (hooray), but have to move before the end of October (nightmare). Should we give Adelaide a new address now as we are moving to my parents, or do we hope that we get the letter before the end of the month and give them the details when we receive the change of circumstances form?
Any guidance/ thoughts appreciated as always, looking at the timeline most people who applied the same time as us got their visas some time ago - which has got us even more worried.
Cheers
Annie
Old Sep 30th 2002, 3:25 pm
Dan

Default Re: Do we ring Adelaide?

Hi

Phoning Adelaide is a complete waste of time.

It's going to take 50 weeks...

So you are looking at next year.

I know how you feel ; (

Dan

"kango_jack" wrote in message
news:429395.1033383867@britishexpats-
.com
    > We know this subject has been debated lots on the forum, and compared to
    > most we have not been waiting that long as we applied in Feb02 when the
    > IT fast track was in place.
    > The problem is that we submitted our medicals in the middle of June and
    > have not heard anything since.
    > We tried e-mailing Adelaide, at which point we found out we have a new
    > case officer - will this affect the time we are waiting? as we were
    > really hoping to hear something by now.
    > Another worry is that we have sold the house (hooray), but have to move
    > before the end of October (nightmare). Should we give Adelaide a new
    > address now as we are moving to my parents, or do we hope that we get
    > the letter before the end of the month and give them the details when we
    > receive the change of circumstances form?
    > Any guidance/ thoughts appreciated as always, looking at the timeline
    > most people who applied the same time as us got their visas some time
    > ago - which has got us even more worried.
    > Cheers
    > Annie
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 30th 2002, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Another worry is that we have sold the house (hooray), but have to move before the end of October (nightmare). Should we give Adelaide a new address now as we are moving to my parents, or do we hope that we get the letter before the end of the month and give them the details when we receive the change of circumstances form?
Any guidance/ thoughts appreciated as always, looking at the timeline most people who applied the same time as us got their visas some time ago - which has got us even more worried.
Cheers
Annie [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

You could use the Post Office to divert all of your mail to your new address, it basically means you wait another day to receive it , but at least you get it.

Tinaj
Old Sep 30th 2002, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

wannabee sheila is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kango Jack
congrats on selling the house. I agree with Tina, make sure you have your post redirected to your parents place and write to AHC Adelaide informing them asap of your address change. Its covered all ways then.

We had the same problem when we sold our house last year and moved in with a friend, but we were dealing with London. We wrote notifying them of the address change and confirmed it a few months later by phone call. Don't want to scare you but, when the request for medicals was finally sent it was sent to our old address:scared: , luckily the redirection worked . And we now have our precious visas and are off to Brisbane in 36 days.

Good luck I'm sure it will all work out ok
Karen
Old Oct 1st 2002, 1:08 am
David

hi kango
I think you should be worried. I saw your timeline. Mine is similar
to yours. I applied in feb 2002 and sent medicals june 10th 2002. And
yes my immigration officier has changed too. I called adelaide to
check and see if they recieved my medicals as it had been 3 months
since no word. She said that she had and i asked the operator the
status of my case she said that all she could do is send an email to
my case officier. She did and 4 days later i recived a letter in the
mail saying part of my medicals were missing. The officier gave me
the option of just getting the forms resigned as he had our xrays.
He's been helpful ever since has sent me the forms on time (although
one was wrong) but he resent promptly and he also replied to my
queries. So i think you should call
thanks

Old Oct 24th 2002, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

sylvie is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool

Hi - I'm in the same situation. The house is sold - we're all packed up and waiting ! I sent the medicals and police reports in September. Have to wait :-) In the meantime everyone keeps asking us 'Any news?' and this makes the situation worse. Good luck to all of you out there. It's a roller-coaster of emotions but we will get there in the end.
Old Oct 25th 2002, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

kango_jack will become famous soon enoughkango_jack will become famous soon enough

Know what you mean about the constant questions, even worse now we have moved as everyone assumes we must have heard something - and then think we must be mad giving up the house when we haven't.
Always good to hear of other people going through the same at least it gives us a bit of reassurance that we haven't lost our marbles quite yet!!!
Annie
Old Oct 25th 2002, 8:01 pm
shellypuss

Hiya again Sylvie,

We sent our medicals by courier and knew they were received in Adelaide mid September.

After 4 weeks started to worry, phoned them and they said our medicals had not been received. Heart failure, panic, knocked 5 years off our lives. Checked with DHL for the signatory at the other end, was definately delivered. Phoned Adelaide again, spoke to someone else who was very understanding of the bumbling upset woman on other end and they checked with case officer and sure enough he has all our stuff.

As we sent some extra info that had been requested I couldn't help myself and phoned Adelaide Tuesday just gone and actually spoke to our case officer, who informed me that he has hundreds of pieces of paper on his desk and currently has a backlog of about 5 weeks and that he cannot tell us if the extra info was sufficient but that we should hear something in a few weeks.

We are now worried that the next communication will be to tell us that the extra info supplied is not enough.

Heres hoping that's not the case.

Speak soon and good luck to all.

Shelly

Old Oct 26th 2002, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

sylvie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Shelly,

I read your message with interest and dismay....... we're so close to getting our visa but at the same time we're in the dark ! I'm going to phone up Adelaide this Sunday night (they will be 10hrs+ as from tomorrow) in order to find out about the police checks as I'm at a loss as regards those docs. Will let you know on my progress.

Take care,
Syl.