Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do we need to sign for power of attorney?

Do we need to sign for power of attorney?

Old Aug 7th 2008, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Inglewhite has a spectacular aura aboutInglewhite has a spectacular aura aboutInglewhite has a spectacular aura about
Default Do we need to sign for power of attorney?

Hi,
We are leaving for Oz in less than two weeks and still haven't sold our house (like quite a few others)EA suggested we give power of attorney to family member, which costs £100+vat.
Do we need to do this or has anybody any experience of another way round this without the additional costs?
thanks in advance.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 11:08 am

cheekivimto07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Do we need to sign for power of attorney?

Hi, we currently have our property on the market in the UK, we called into our estate agent who also do the solicitor side of things and we gave power of attorney to my father in law, it only cost us £50. I would suggest only giving POA to someone you trust 100%, as they can do with the property whatever they like once its signed over to them. Hope this helps
Old Aug 7th 2008, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

Inglewhite has a spectacular aura aboutInglewhite has a spectacular aura aboutInglewhite has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Do we need to sign for power of attorney?

We'd be signing over to my sister so there should'nt be any problems.