Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

do we need any jabs before going to oz

do we need any jabs before going to oz

Old Jul 7th 2006, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

nicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to all
Default do we need any jabs before going to oz

hi,

could someone please tell me if we need any jabs before setting off to oz.

cheers x
Old Jul 7th 2006, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

loopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really nice
Default Re: do we need any jabs before going to oz

hiya

recently took the kids to the nurse to see if any jabs were needed for oz but she advised that we didnt. we are stoping off in singapore but she basically said to be careful with the water, lollies, ice cream etc (they have had typhoid before, whether they would need them i'm not sure)

hope this helps
loopy
Old Jul 7th 2006, 10:13 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loopyloo2
we are stoping off in singapore but she basically said to be careful with the water, lollies, ice cream
You have got to be kidding? In Singapore? it should be the other way around going to London would require taking shots.
Old Jul 7th 2006, 10:43 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: do we need any jabs before going to oz

Originally Posted by thebears
You have got to be kidding? In Singapore? it should be the other way around going to London would require taking shots.

My golden rule for visiting London is "Never allow your skin to come into contact with any surface which you do not already know to be 100% sterile."
Old Jul 7th 2006, 11:00 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nicky m
hi,

cheers x
For Aus? No, you don't.
Old Jul 8th 2006, 12:25 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loopyloo2
recently took the kids to the nurse to see if any jabs were needed for oz but she advised that we didnt. we are stoping off in singapore but she basically said to be careful with the water, lollies, ice cream etc (they have had typhoid before, whether they would need them i'm not sure)
Well you can never be too careful - all these foreigners carry germ you know

Seriously though - Singapore has probably better health standards than the UK. At least you dont die of Legionaires from being admited to a hospital like London. :scared:
Old Jul 8th 2006, 8:05 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

hi,

cheers x
If you are stopping off in ANY far eastern country (including Singapore) then you should be innoculated against Typhoid and Hepatitis A.

If you choose not to be then be very careful about what you eat or drink.

G
Old Jul 8th 2006, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
If you are stopping off in ANY far eastern country (including Singapore) then you should be innoculated against Typhoid and Hepatitis A.

If you choose not to be then be very careful about what you eat or drink.

G
G, You crack me up. Do you eat mogadon for brekkie. I think its a big wind-up but its brilliant. Must be my warped sense of humour
Old Jul 8th 2006, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

storerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of light

hi,

cheers x
The only requirement is that if you have been 'Yellow Fever' area, wether active or not, within the few months before entering Australia then you need to have a certificate to prove you have had the jab.

This is the same as entering the UK. They do however recommend that you have the usual jabs that you would have in the UK, but this is not a requirement of entry.
Old Jul 8th 2006, 7:20 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac
G, You crack me up. Do you eat mogadon for brekkie. I think its a big wind-up but its brilliant. Must be my warped sense of humour
Try looking at some of the travel websites if you don't believe me

G
Old Jul 9th 2006, 3:02 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

You need to be vaccinated against real estate agents.