Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do unfurnished rental's include Washing Machines?

Do unfurnished rental's include Washing Machines?

Old Nov 13th 2005, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

cat5 will become famous soon enoughcat5 will become famous soon enough
Default Do unfurnished rental's include Washing Machines?

Im think they are supplied with cooker's and fridges,
I know it will depend on who's letting it out, but we are just trying to decide whether to buy a new one here and take it over,as we have room in our container....and have heard they can be more expensive in Aus,and top loaders seem to be the in thing over there too!
Old Nov 13th 2005, 5:13 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Do unfurnished rental's include Washing Machines?

Originally Posted by cat5
I know it will depend on who's letting it out, but we are just trying to decide whether to buy a new one here and take it over,as we have room in our container....and have heard they can be more expensive in Aus,and top loaders seem to be the in thing over there too!
Generally they don't include washing machines no.

I wouldn't touch a top loader if I was you, stick to the front loaders.
Old Nov 13th 2005, 6:22 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Rentals dont usually come with Fridges either. There should be a cooker however.

We have a toploader which I love....but then I was bought up with top loaders and thats what I am used to. My clothes are always washed clean, whites are white and none of my clothes are torn up by them....but its a personal choice I guess...

Hels
Old Nov 13th 2005, 6:26 pm
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

Many of the inner city apartments do come with tumble dryer though.
I have just sold our top loader and will never have one again. Cant wait to buy a front loader when we get to Sydney!
Old Nov 14th 2005, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Do unfurnished rental's include Washing Machines?

Originally Posted by Bordy
Generally they don't include washing machines no.

I wouldn't touch a top loader if I was you, stick to the front loaders.
I think i will take your advice there Bordy,never used a top loader before,have heard there not so good!

Hi Hels, so we may need to buy a fridge too,i think we'll be buying that over there! Thanks for that

Cheers
Colin
Old Nov 14th 2005, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Bhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really nice

We are currently renting a pad and had to take on rental fridge and washing machine. Front/top loaders is a personal preference. Think you will tend to find us Brits will rent/purchase front loaders. I also have heard top loaders aren't as good but all hearsay. No experience had.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 9:27 am
Just Joined

chrismcevoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello!

We have a top-loader. I think they are slightly rougher with the clothes than a front-loader.

Also, most rental places (well, houses at least) don't come with anything apart from a cooker.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 1:08 pm
Banned

slug is an unknown quantity at this point

to post a thread such as this u must have the brainpower of a koala

are u bringing your tea-towels? u're the sort of banal retard i get stuck with at parties :scared:

do us aussies a favour - stay in england
Old Nov 14th 2005, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

woogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nice

Originally Posted by slug

are u bringing your tea-towels? u're the sort of banal retard i get stuck with at parties :scared:

With an attitude like yours I'm surprised you get invited to any parties!
Old Nov 14th 2005, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

I don't know why you have to be so insulting, it's a simple question, I have never rented before......but I'm sure with a Juvenal brain like your's, you know everything!
Old Nov 14th 2005, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

I love these constructive replies.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

suzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant future

Who rattled your cage?????????
Old Nov 14th 2005, 10:00 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

ours didn't have washing machine just dish washer...i'm now the hand washer till container comes... .
Old Nov 14th 2005, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

chrismcevoy is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know why you have to be so insulting, it's a simple question, I have never rented before......but I'm sure with a Juvenal brain like your's, you know everything!
It's probably best that you know before you emigrate that the 'friendly aussie' stereotype is a complete myth!
Old Nov 15th 2005, 4:32 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Cat,

It really does depend on who is letting the house as to whether there are appliances - we saw some houses that had everything down to kitchen knives and others that didn't have a dishwasher. Our present rental has a dishwasher and cooker, but we bought a new front-loader when we moved to WA. I wouldn't personally use a top-loader out of preference, but the Aussies seem to love them. I was told that for some reason they just don't trust the front-loaders. There is not a huge variety of front-loaders to buy, although I think choice is improving. I got an Electrolux and I'm very pleased
with it.

Which is more than I can say for the fridge/freezer we got. We've had it 3 weeks, and the bloody thing broke down yesterday. And they can't get an engineer to us until Thursday. And summer's arrived here in WA....

'Nuff said!

Sue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.