Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do they have Dyson in OZ?

Do they have Dyson in OZ?

Old Oct 23rd 2002, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default Do they have Dyson in OZ?

This week my microwave, telephones, scanner and finally my washing machine have broken !!

My washing machine is quite old and I have been dreaming of buying one of those new Dyson numbers with the 2 drums. They are expensive, but apparently they have a huge capacity (7kg) and clean brilliantly.

The question is do you have them in Oz, obviously I would want to take it out with us, but would I have trouble getting spares, repairs etc. Hopefully the thing would last for ages - supposedly 20 years so it would not need much attention.

Are they starting to get more front loaders out there now? I found top loaders don't really wash your clothes very well.

Has Dyson broken into the Australian market yet ?

Thanks Tinaj
Old Oct 23rd 2002, 8:33 am
Just Joined

aligali is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Do they have Dyson in OZ?

Originally posted by tinaj:
This week my microwave, telephones, scanner and finally my washing machine have broken !!

My washing machine is quite old and I have been dreaming of buying one of those new Dyson numbers with the 2 drums. They are expensive, but apparently they have a huge capacity (7kg) and clean brilliantly.

The question is do you have them in Oz, obviously I would want to take it out with us, but would I have trouble getting spares, repairs etc. Hopefully the thing would last for ages - supposedly 20 years so it would not need much attention.

Are they starting to get more front loaders out there now? I found top loaders don't really wash your clothes very well.

Has Dyson broken into the Australian market yet ?

Thanks Tinaj
Dyson have broken into the Australian market with thier vacuum cleaners, but I don't know about the washing machines - I looked for websites (such as Grace Brothers) to see what is available and at what price. they were generally more expensive than in the UK. If you purchase one in the UK the 2 year warrenty will not be transferred to OZ. (I thought about buying a DC08 but will now wait until I get out there).
I hope this is of help
Ali
Old Oct 23rd 2002, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by aligali:

Dyson have broken into the Australian market with thier vacuum cleaners, but I don't know about the washing machines - I looked for websites (such as Grace Brothers) to see what is available and at what price. they were generally more expensive than in the UK. If you purchase one in the UK the 2 year warrenty will not be transferred to OZ. (I thought about buying a DC08 but will now wait until I get out there).
I hope this is of help
Ali

Thanks for the info. I think I will have to just but a cheap and cheerful machine to last until we go. I don't want to spend all that money out to find the thing goes wrong with no guarantee!

I shouldn't have had 3 kids then I wouldn't need such a huge machine!!

Ta Ta Tina
Old Oct 23rd 2002, 4:37 pm
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

Which? magazine said the Dyson machine was overpriced rubbish---got a friend with one who agrees.
I only wear me thongs once then throw 'em out,so they never go in a washer (mind you,they,re worn for 64 consecutive days)

BB
Old Oct 23rd 2002, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by baldbutts:
Which? magazine said the Dyson machine was overpriced rubbish---got a friend with one who agrees.
I only wear me thongs once then throw 'em out,so they never go in a washer (mind you,they,re worn for 64 consecutive days)

BB
Thanks for the tip.

P.s So you don't live up to your name then - BALD butts?!

I thought you would prefer to go commando !!

Ta Ta
Tina
Old Oct 23rd 2002, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

adelaidegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tinaj:

Thanks for the tip.

P.s So you don't live up to your name then - BALD butts?!

I thought you would prefer to go commando !!

Ta Ta
Tina
Just adding my two bobs worth ... Baldbutts should know that in Aussiespeak 'thongs' is a pair of flip-flops. If he wants to show off his botty here he'll have to ask for a g-string.

Re washing machines, the brand selection for frontloaders in Australia is not as extensive as the UK, and they tend to be quite expensive. That said, I'd still buy here rather than buy one to bring with me, as you will be up for mega-bucks for spare parts should you need them later down the track. As a guide, the cheapest frontloader would be around $700, up to, say $1200 for an all-singing-all dancing model from a European brand such as Miele, Smeg or Bendix.

adelaidegirl
Old Oct 24th 2002, 8:17 pm
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

Originally posted by adelaidegirl
European brand such as Miele, Smeg or Bendix.

adelaidegirl

You said Smeg -hur hur hur hur

BB- member of the Beavis & Butthead fan club