Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do they have big saile after xmas in oz?

Do they have big saile after xmas in oz?

Old Dec 28th 2003, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice
Default Do they have big saile after xmas in oz?

We went and had a look around the sales yesterday (had to stop myself buying a lovely warm winter coat - it would be not good in oz) and I wondered if they have them in oz.

Ended up buying three cookbooks as one day im sure i will get to use them when the family decide to visit us in oz.

By the way has anyone else found it strange knowing that it will be you last xmas here, the last time you do this, the last time you do that etc, its driving me mad! Even my parents and friends have been saying it. I'm glad christmas is over now and we can get back to a bit of normality.

Mandy
Old Dec 28th 2003, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

Wot am I on, must be drinking too much sherry last night.

Should read, do they have sales on over christmas in oz.

Silly me!

Mandy
Old Dec 28th 2003, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

We sure do. Big stores in Sydney (David Jones, Grace Bros) started theirs about 8am Boxing Day, smaller stores started yesterday (27th).
Old Dec 28th 2003, 9:37 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Do they have big saile after xmas in oz?

Originally posted by scrawni
We went and had a look around the sales yesterday (had to stop myself buying a lovely warm winter coat - it would be not good in oz) and I wondered if they have them in oz.

Ended up buying three cookbooks as one day im sure i will get to use them when the family decide to visit us in oz.

By the way has anyone else found it strange knowing that it will be you last xmas here, the last time you do this, the last time you do that etc, its driving me mad! Even my parents and friends have been saying it. I'm glad christmas is over now and we can get back to a bit of normality.

Mandy
Yes, the sales are on, as I had difficulty walking through the shopping mall yesterday, as it was completely heaving with people.

I have decided thats why the beaches are all deserted almost EVERYONE is in their local Mall.
Old Dec 28th 2003, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Yes...we made the mistake of going to Targets midnight opening of their sale to try to get some household stuff cheap....NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!
Got home bruised, thirsty and tired. The place was heaving
Old Dec 28th 2003, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Good news for a bargin hunter like me, my husband calls me the worlds worst shopper, says that I walk really fast to make sure I visit every shop but always end up back in the one I started in!

Mandy
Old Dec 28th 2003, 10:08 am
Just Joined

Kelpiegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mandy,

don't worry about there not being any sales in Oz. I lived and worked in Perth last year and I could not believe how many sales there were!

Myer, a big department store, had specials on for Father's Day, then they had the October Sale, then there were the Christmas Specials, then the huge Summer Sale which started on Boxing Day and lasted until the end of January, then the Valentine's Day Specials, then the Easter Sale,...

Stores like Kmart and BigW had weekly specials all the time and bigger sales regularly as well.

As far as clothing is concerned, I find clothing in Oz reasonably cheap. Clothing stores have sales as well.

So don't worry there'll be plenty of sales shopping in Oz!

Kelpiegirl
Old Dec 28th 2003, 10:10 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by scrawni

Mandy
Also depending where you are going to live in Oz you may well need that warm winter coat.
Old Dec 28th 2003, 7:04 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Jirrupin
Also depending where you are going to live in Oz you may well need that warm winter coat.
Mine gets used about 5 days a year.