Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do the schools provide school meals

Do the schools provide school meals

Old Jan 7th 2004, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice
Default Do the schools provide school meals

At the moment my sons school doesn't provide any meals/snacks at all for the kids to buy and wondered if this is the same in oz.

Mandy
Old Jan 7th 2004, 1:51 pm
i'm digitalicious

asciidental is an unknown quantity at this point

The majority of schools have a canteen, where you can order your lunch and some schools also have the canteen open for morning tea as well.

The food is predominantly sandwiches and rolls, but there is hot food like meat pies/pasties/other savoury pastry things, and daily hot food specials and fruit and salad as well. But sandwiches, fruit and savory pastries tend to be the main food for sale.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 1:53 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do the schools provide school meals

Originally posted by scrawni
At the moment my sons school doesn't provide any meals/snacks at all for the kids to buy and wondered if this is the same in oz.

Mandy
Where abouts are you heading?

Syndey burb - local gov schools, primary has brown bag system, they write on the bag what they want each day and put in the money and then that is what is supplied (bags bought in supermarket). As far as nutritional options go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Son has a canteen that supplies more fat than food!

But then again my packed lunches come back uneaten - bloody kids, blame the kids not the parents!
Old Jan 7th 2004, 1:55 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

In my highschool in the southwest of WA we had snacks at reccess.
And in the morning you could order stuff like chicken rolls for lunch. The P&C ran the operation.
It was a small selection.

I think primary school was the same.

I think the schools are all different in Oz, but I don't hink many or any provide warm meals. It's usually snacks and sandwiches, I think.

Old Jan 7th 2004, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

Thanks guys, we are off to Queensland in the summer (hopefully).

Mandy
Old Jan 7th 2004, 2:03 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Just trying to see if this will attach, can't be bothered to go downstairs and play with the scanner.
Attached Thumbnails Do the schools provide school meals-kif_0628.jpg  

Last edited by Sandra; Jan 7th 2004 at 2:20 pm.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 2:07 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Sandra
Just trying to see if this will attach, can't be bother to go downstairs and play with the scanner.

a tad large, can you shrink it ?

Old Jan 7th 2004, 2:09 pm
Gone Senile Member

Originally posted by welshboybilly
a tad large, can you shrink it ?
I am trying - I haven't got edit option yet cause it is too bloody big to read over my RAS!

Still trying!

Getting there!

Think I have it now - sorry folks

Last edited by Sandra; Jan 7th 2004 at 2:22 pm.