Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do people want an informative website?

Do people want an informative website?

Old Sep 3rd 2002, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice
Default Re: Do people want an informative website?

Originally posted by pommie bastard:
LIFE IS ABOUT WHAT YOU MAKE IT, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT CHANGE IT!!!

love sophia xx
That is true , and dreams are never real all the things that are wrong in your life dont go away because you jump on a airplane.

[/QUOTE]

Hmmm I made a bet with myself that you wouldn't be able to reply to my email.....looks like I win :PARTY:
Particularly found it funny when I saw WHICH part of my post you actually did refer to...

BTW the cancer may NOT go away, but I'm grabbing life with both hands because I don't know when it will be over and I certainly don't want to look back on my deathbed and think "well I made a lot of people miserable just 'cos things didn't work out for me"....it must be heart-rendingly sad to be you....I will send you some reiki...perhaps it might help you

love sophia xx
Old Sep 3rd 2002, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Do people want an informative website?

Dear Sophie

Good for you- i was surprised to see that he had even attempted to relpy to such an emotive email. I hope that you are better now and enjoying yourr 3 year old. I have a beautiful boy (born 6.4.99) called Kaelan and would love to meet up with you when we finally arrive in Perth (hopefully late this year). My email is [email protected]

Good luck and all the best

Nicky
x

Originally posted by sophia:

That is true , and dreams are never real all the things that are wrong in your life dont go away because you jump on a airplane.

Hmmm I made a bet with myself that you wouldn't be able to reply to my email.....looks like I win :PARTY:
Particularly found it funny when I saw WHICH part of my post you actually did refer to...

BTW the cancer may NOT go away, but I'm grabbing life with both hands because I don't know when it will be over and I certainly don't want to look back on my deathbed and think "well I made a lot of people miserable just 'cos things didn't work out for me"....it must be heart-rendingly sad to be you....I will send you some reiki...perhaps it might help you

love sophia xx [/QUOTE]
Old Sep 3rd 2002, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Sophia

I cant get through to your email address: My reply is as follows:

Dear Sophia

Thanks for your letter. Do i take it that you are almost ready to go (styaing at a friend's)?

I wish we were- i am so sick of waiting. We thought we would be out there latest summer 02 and we are still wiating.

What is yout littlee boy's name? Do you want to go on the excel spreadsheet with all the Perth people on? If so, can i have details e.g. where are you now, when going, hubbie's name, jobs etc?

Yes- i have emailed Yvsie and know the others from the web site. We are really close to the Baldbutts who we met through Australia News penpals section. They live in Dover though and we are in Altrincham but their lad Robert (nearly 5) gets on like a house on fire with Kaelan as they are both mental.

Keep in touch.

Lots of love
Nic, Dean and Kaelan

Originally posted by NickyTurner:
Dear Sophie

Good for you- i was surprised to see that he had even attempted to relpy to such an emotive email. I hope that you are better now and enjoying yourr 3 year old. I have a beautiful boy (born 6.4.99) called Kaelan and would love to meet up with you when we finally arrive in Perth (hopefully late this year). My email is [email protected]

Good luck and all the best

Nicky
x

love sophia xx
[/QUOTE]
Old Sep 3rd 2002, 11:49 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sophia:

love sophia xx [/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear about your condition , if it was me I would prefer to around family and friends .Dont think things have not worked out for us here we are well off compared to most and both got best jobs in our trades that we are in, that is possible in Perth. But saying that we where better off in UK sorry to tell you that , also I know lifestyle amounts to more than cash .We are not sad and enjoy life to the full more than I can say for a lot out here , if you want lies and bull buy the Sun newspaper in the UK .Hope you recover and all the best you do need something to dream about hope Australia is all you want.
Old Sep 7th 2002, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

Marlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Do people want an informative website?

Originally posted by dotty:
After a few days away I see that the war continues on this site. Please tell me what use would a website be to potential immigrants if the "red curtain style" you can only say it is good approach continues? I try to present my posts without abusive language or insults to others, but they have honestly been how I have found Australia. One of my posts explained that despite the many english worrying about beasties, they should really be more concerned with drowning, it was of course shot down in flames. Well Sunday Mail Queensland . August 25, "On Queensland beaches, 17 Deaths from drowning and 4732 rescued from drowning last summer alone. See what I mean, people learn here.

Somebody wrote about Welfare problems "Dole Bludgers", even I was shocked to learn that 90% of Aussie familes claim some sort of Welfare payments. (Sky news, ABC News), it is so bad the government is considering Parenting Courses to Discourage them. Once again we learn.

Its not hot in Aus is it, perhaps all the Queensland migrants would like to tell me that in January, it is the most stupid comment I have ever heard. Remember all the lovely weather comments the last 4 months have been winter, just wait for summer, Countries that self ignite are hot very hot.....

Police, want to Strike, nurses have striked, Doctors pulling out due to massive litigation, teachers yes they went out too, where the heck is this perfect place you are coming too.

No crime, we have sick horrible crimes just like anywhere.

Why on earth do people want to emmigrate with only half the facts, is the Uk so sad now that you need to clutch at some fantasy land that does not exist?

Thank you to the many that have found my posts useful, you will probably make it here because you are being realistic not desperately hoping for something that does not exist.

Why dont people stop arguing and accept that like anywhere, there is some good and some very bad points, everybody is entitled to hear both sides, we do not have the right to Brainwash people, but we can all listen and learn from what people are saying.

Good luck to you all and lets hope that this site can become a useful information service not some fawning fanclub of fantasy. Dotty
Hi Dotty
You don`t seem to be at all happy in Oz, have you other UK friends in Oz who are equally unhappy like you and what about the Australians themselves are they? Do have any Australian friends?
I know I`m asking lots of questions but have you been back to the UK recently, have your friends and family told you about life here now?
I`d be interested to know what your reasons for leaving the UK were.
Maybe it`s Brisbane that doesn`t suit you and not actually the whole of Australia, does your hubby and family also share your views.

Cheers
Marlo