Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

DO NOT USE WHITE AND CO SHIPPERS

DO NOT USE WHITE AND CO SHIPPERS

Old Jul 12th 2007, 8:48 am
Just Joined

shazrmn is on a distinguished road
Default DO NOT USE WHITE AND CO SHIPPERS

having paid this company before we emigrated to australia, just had a phone call 3 MONTHS later to say they cant find the payment on their computer so if we want our things,we will have to pay again within 24 hours or it will be sent back to the UK and sold.

we are unable to provide proof of payment as all receipts are in the containers. this company is incompetent so would advise anyone to stay clear and use another company
Old Jul 12th 2007, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DO NOT USE WHITE AND CO SHIPPERS

Originally Posted by shazrmn
having paid this company before we emigrated to australia, just had a phone call 3 MONTHS later to say they cant find the payment on their computer so if we want our things,we will have to pay again within 24 hours or it will be sent back to the UK and sold.

we are unable to provide proof of payment as all receipts are in the containers. this company is incompetent so would advise anyone to stay clear and use another company
OMG.....what tossers. You must be able to sort it, thats just barking.
Hope you manage to sort it. They cant send your stuff back due to their cock up
good luck
x
Old Jul 12th 2007, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Techno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond repute

What an absolute nightmare - did you pay by debit or credit card? If so, get a copy of your statment.

In fact, if you paid by cheque you may be able to contact your bank and give them the date and amount and they should be able to tell you when and by who it was cashed?

I really hope you get this resolved ASAP.

If you have a reciepot in the container, they will surely allow you to access it before they ship it back to the UK?
Old Jul 12th 2007, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Techno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Techno Freak
What an absolute nightmare - did you pay by debit or credit card? If so, get a copy of your statment.

In fact, if you paid by cheque you may be able to contact your bank and give them the date and amount and they should be able to tell you when and by who it was cashed?

I really hope you get this resolved ASAP.

If you have a reciepot in the container, they will surely allow you to access it before they ship it back to the UK?
Also, surely they would have wanted payment in full before they shipped your stuff? The very fact they sent you rstuff in the first place must tell them that they got your money first?
Old Jul 12th 2007, 8:58 am
Just Joined

shazrmn is on a distinguished road

exactly!!!!! informed them that this was the case, as its on the back of the agreement that payment must be made before shipment. they told me to pay and they will refund me IF they find my payment
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

exactly!!!!! informed them that this was the case, as its on the back of the agreement that payment must be made before shipment. they told me to pay and they will refund me IF they find my payment
Thats just not acceptable. They wouldnt have shipped it all if you hadnt paid. They probably think they have u over a barrel.
tell them to find the payment otherwise you'll be contacting watchdog/papers/ expat sites etc.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:09 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Isnt there an office of fair trading here you can contact? I am sure once someone leans on htem a bit they will back down.

What b@stards!
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Is it worth phoning Trading Standards in the UK, seeing as the shipment originated from here?

Ask them if they could contact the company and try to get an extension on your 24 hours whilst you sort out how it can all be proved?
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

sorry cant offer advice but wanted to send &[[[[hugs]]]]
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

Location: Life is like a box of chocolates......you never know what you're gonna get!! (Fforest Gump!)
pam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Thats just not acceptable. They wouldnt have shipped it all if you hadnt paid. They probably think they have u over a barrel.
tell them to find the payment otherwise you'll be contacting watchdog/papers/ expat sites etc.
I totally agree....All the shippers I've had quotes from have expected payment up front before shipment, including white and co....Depending how you paid you should be able to provide proof of payment through your bank / credit card, although it may cost you a small fee for them to look for it, however if you paid by debit card or credit card then that should come up on your statement with their company name. I'm not using white and co because they didn't even bother to send us a quote in writing, although they did give us a verbal quote and ensured they told me payment was in advance during the telephone call!!
Put your points of view in a letter to them, together with any evidence of payment and tell them you will go to the papers, web sites, trading standards, watchdog etc etc if they still insist on this....they will loose so much business that they will soon change their minds. Make sre you send the letter recorded delivery! Good luck

Pam x x
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:33 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

How did you pay? By cheque or by credit card. Either way you can obtain proof of payment. Once you have proof of payment and have sent that to them, ask for a discount for the stress caused.
White and Co is a franchise. Which office did you use?

You should have a copy of the bill of lading and be able to track your container.
Where is it now?
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

brickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nice

Absolutely agree with all the above. We had a company, not shippers, who expected payment up front, which I gave them, then when they were doing their accounts a few months later, they had obviously mixed up my cheque with someone elses account, so contacted me claiming that I had not paid them. Luckily, I keep everything, so I could tell them the cheque number and the date it was cashed, and they just went quiet and went away. Ba***!ds.

I have had four shipping companies round to do a quote, and every company has given me completely different advice, different cubic capacity, three of the four have given me the same price, I smell a rat!

Thanks for your advice, will definitely not use this company, and will make sure that I take the shippers receipt with me when I go.

Good luck.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

We used whites and they were great couldnt of been more helpfull and everything arrived without any problems and no breakages,cant you contact your bank and find out the date they cashed your cheque,I hope everything turns out okay for you.
Janet
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

carmil will become famous soon enoughcarmil will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=brickies wife;5044248]

I have had four shipping companies round to do a quote, and every company has given me completely different advice, different cubic capacity, three of the four have given me the same price, I smell a rat!

Hi there

Many years ago I worked for a local removal company who used to deal with one of the "big boys" when it came to shipping abroad. What they used to do was if someone phoned to ask for a quote he would phone the big company to see if they had been or were going out to the same job to quote. They would then call each other after the home visits to compare shipment and agree a price, sometimes they would even let the other have the job and agree to come in dearer so they didn't get the job if they were already too busy. So also beware of this when you are phoning companies, don't tell them someone has quoted cheaper if they haven't, as chances are they will already know what other quotes you have. They used to sit and laugh in the office at people who tried that trick. Needless to say I didn't stick that job long, they are all sneaky, devious, bas***ds, and don't even start me on car sales!!!!!
Old Jul 12th 2007, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

brickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nice

Thanks Carmil

I was suspecting that. Thing is they are so lazy, they might have agreed on around about the price, but they should have agreed between each other what they thought the overall cubic capacity would be. Oh boy you really have got to keep your wits about you.

Any removal companies out there, like to comment?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.