British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Do not use Clean-O1 Services Sunshine Coast (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/do-not-use-clean-o1-services-sunshine-coast-485408/)

mark937 Oct 5th 2007 4:34 am

Do not use Clean-O1 Services Sunshine Coast

Just a quickie - avoid using this company! We got them in to clean our carpets - just part of a spring clean. They arrived 2 hrs late last week, then said they couldn't do it needed more time, different machine. Made an appointment for today, 7am, cleaned out the rooms, removed beds etc - waited, 3 hrs later still not here. Called company to complain, woman extremely rude! Bloke eventually turns up near midday very apologetic, says he did turn up at 7am but we didn't answer door! Load of cr@p!

Looks like we just ain't their bread and butter anymore!

SKIPPI79 Oct 5th 2007 6:45 am

Re: Do not use Clean-O1 Services Sunshine Coast

that's it NAME & SHAME, too many time wasters out there.
Thanks for the tip!!!

mark937 Oct 5th 2007 7:31 am

Originally Posted by SKIPPI79 (Post 5388925)
that's it NAME & SHAME, too many time wasters out there.
Thanks for the tip!!!

Too right! We got up especially at 6am to clear the rooms out, take down beds etc then waited....and waited! The woman when we complained basically didn't give a toss, told us it was our fault for not being in - when we were obviously there cos we were waiting for him! When we called to say, don't bother we've got Jim's Carpet cleaning in (incidentally very good) she said "ah well" and slammed the phone down! This is just one of many incidents we've had with aussie services, its got to a point where we're enquiring after British tradies! Only prob is they're in high demand!

kevinbloomfield Oct 5th 2007 8:07 am

Hey, the only way to get good service is to employ a pommie. If you can get a reliable Ozzy then please post on here - I wont hold my breath :-))

Howabout having a section on this forum dedicated to tradies and other expats trying to make a crust. I know a good painter, carpenter, signwriter and IT guru (well, that's me actually).

Any moderators out there that can make this happen?

mark937 Oct 5th 2007 8:39 am

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield (Post 5389068)
Hey, the only way to get good service is to employ a pommie. If you can get a reliable Ozzy then please post on here - I wont hold my breath :-))

Howabout having a section on this forum dedicated to tradies and other expats trying to make a crust. I know a good painter, carpenter, signwriter and IT guru (well, that's me actually).

Bloody great idea - would save us having to ask around locally!

kevinbloomfield Oct 5th 2007 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by mark937 (Post 5389144)
Bloody great idea - would save us having to ask around locally!

Yep, I'm sure it would be easy enough to do - put it up with the Meetups and Barbie.
Come on site guru

Pollyana Oct 5th 2007 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield (Post 5389068)

In other words, turn the site into a place for free advertising? I can see what the idea is, help tradies to build up business, but have you any idea how hard it would be to police it? Who would be allowed to advertise, how do we check them out, and where do you draw the line between people advertising for free and people having to pay to put up an advert?
The site owners have to make a living, they can't afford to have all their advertisiers displaying their wares for free.

Baby75 Oct 5th 2007 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield (Post 5389618)
Yep, I'm sure it would be easy enough to do - put it up with the Meetups and Barbie.
Come on site guru

that sounds like a brilliant idea :)

qwertyuiop Oct 5th 2007 4:32 pm

Unfortunately the poms have a shocking reputation for either arguing over the bill or not paying at all...no wonder the Aussies wont touch us!!