Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do more points mean faster processing???

Do more points mean faster processing???

Old Oct 6th 2004, 9:20 am
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

philian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the rough
Default Do more points mean faster processing???

Hi,
I'm only new to this forum so not as well informed as a lot of you!
We have applied for a Skilled Independant visa (nurse) with 120 points (Hubbie is the main applicant and he's over 40!) I know nurses get priority processing(!) but does the fact that we have the bare minimum of points mean that we will be slower at getting the visa than others?? Just wondering as this is what I'm losing sleep over this week...........stops me worrying about the fact the house hasn't sold and last night's viewers didn't bother to turn up
Like most people we're on the roller coaster :scared:

Thanks,
Phil
Old Oct 6th 2004, 9:45 am
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do more points mean faster processing???

Hi Phil

As I understand it, points have no bearing on the processing time of your application.

What does help is if you are on the MODL. Also you can fast track your TRA application but that costs you, not a great deal more than the standard application. I believe it is $AU300 for standard and $AU500 for fast track. We used the fast track option and got ours processed by the TRA in about 13 weeks from applying.

We are also applying Skilled independant; Tracey is a Hairdresser.

Originally Posted by philian4
Hi,
I'm only new to this forum so not as well informed as a lot of you!
We have applied for a Skilled Independant visa (nurse) with 120 points (Hubbie is the main applicant and he's over 40!) I know nurses get priority processing(!) but does the fact that we have the bare minimum of points mean that we will be slower at getting the visa than others?? Just wondering as this is what I'm losing sleep over this week...........stops me worrying about the fact the house hasn't sold and last night's viewers didn't bother to turn up
Like most people we're on the roller coaster :scared:

Thanks,
Phil
Old Oct 6th 2004, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

More points does not mean faster processing!!

However, being a nurse means that your job is in demand!!

Good luck
Old Oct 6th 2004, 11:17 am
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

philian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Billabong
More points does not mean faster processing!!

However, being a nurse means that your job is in demand!!

Good luck
THANKS!!!!

Now off to find something else to worry about........

Oz had better everything we hope it will be or I'll have all these grey hairs for nothing

Cheers,
Phil
Old Oct 6th 2004, 11:11 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gsb
Also you can fast track your TRA application but that costs you, not a great deal more than the standard application. I believe it is $AU300 for standard and $AU500 for fast track. We used the fast track option and got ours processed by the TRA in about 13 weeks from applying.

Nurses are assessed by ANCI - not TRA.

Jeremy
Old Oct 6th 2004, 11:29 pm
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

Originally Posted by JAJ
Nurses are assessed by ANCI - not TRA.

Jeremy
thanks we've done all that assessment bit. Our application went in mid-June, we're just sitting and waiting for the outcome and all sorts of worries keep popping up!
Old Oct 7th 2004, 10:11 am
Just Joined

natsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gsb
Hi Phil

As I understand it, points have no bearing on the processing time of your application.

What does help is if you are on the MODL. Also you can fast track your TRA application but that costs you, not a great deal more than the standard application. I believe it is $AU300 for standard and $AU500 for fast track. We used the fast track option and got ours processed by the TRA in about 13 weeks from applying.

Hi
Tracey is a Hairdresser .I send two weeks ago all documents by FEDEX for Hairdresser assesment in TRA. I interested when they give file number? Where Tracey was study for hairdresser?