Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do I take my German sheperd to OZ ?

Do I take my German sheperd to OZ ?

Old Nov 2nd 2004, 10:55 pm
ERM
Champions

ERM is on a distinguished road
Default Do I take my German sheperd to OZ ?

We have a 2 year old long haired German sheperd dog. Should we take her with us to Brisbane ? Would we need to give her a crop first? Or do they get use to the heat? What will it cost me ? Arm and a leg i suppose ?
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 11:11 pm
Cheeky

Default Re: Do I take my German sheperd to OZ ?

Hi Erm,

And a big welcome to the forum!!!

Regarding taking your dog you might want to do a search. I know there was a recent thread last week by Lauralollipop (cant remember the threads exact name but Im sure you will find it!) and I also ran a thread a couple of months ago myself (called Dog Export Fees).

If you have any probs give us a shout and I can pass on the information I have to you.

Best of luck,

Cheeky
PS Our dog also is a bit hairy (golden retriever) and I am also worried about her coping with the heat, but I thought well they have golden retrievers in Oz dont they??

Originally Posted by ERM
We have a 2 year old long haired German sheperd dog. Should we take her with us to Brisbane ? Would we need to give her a crop first? Or do they get use to the heat? What will it cost me ? Arm and a leg i suppose ?

Old Nov 2nd 2004, 11:22 pm
ERM
Champions

Originally Posted by Cheeky
Hi Erm,

And a big welcome to the forum!!!

Regarding taking your dog you might want to do a search. I know there was a recent thread last week by Lauralollipop (cant remember the threads exact name but Im sure you will find it!) and I also ran a thread a couple of months ago myself (called Dog Export Fees).

If you have any probs give us a shout and I can pass on the information I have to you.

Best of luck,

Cheeky
PS Our dog also is a bit hairy (golden retriever) and I am also worried about her coping with the heat, but I thought well they have golden retrievers in Oz dont they??
Hi, Thanks for the welcome

The trouble with having a dog for a while you dont really have much choice but to take it with you. They become part of the family, even thou it will cost more to fly a dog to OZ then a person. If you have any info it would great . Thanks ERM
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 11:33 pm
Cheeky

Ok Erm!

No probs! I agree they are part of the family.

Have you heard of Golden Arrow Shippers? They are highly recommended on this site.
Yes it is v. expensive Im looking at the best part of £3000 to transport our dog. I have looked all over the place and havent had a cheaper quote. As for DIY-ing your dogs transport Airline companys dont want to know.

Anyway the tel no for Golden Arrow is 01 588 680 240 As far as I know they dont have a website but if you give them a ring they will be happy to quote you by post. The company is based at Lydbury North, Shropshire, SY7 8DY

When are you hoping to make the move?

Cheeky
Originally Posted by ERM
Hi, Thanks for the welcome

The trouble with having a dog for a while you dont really have much choice but to take it with you. They become part of the family, even thou it will cost more to fly a dog to OZ then a person. If you have any info it would great . Thanks ERM

Old Nov 2nd 2004, 11:39 pm
ERM
Champions

Originally Posted by Cheeky
Ok Erm!

No probs! I agree they are part of the family.

Have you heard of Golden Arrow Shippers? They are highly recommended on this site.
Yes it is v. expensive Im looking at the best part of £3000 to transport our dog. I have looked all over the place and havent had a cheaper quote. As for DIY-ing your dogs transport Airline companys dont want to know.

Anyway the tel no for Golden Arrow is 01 588 680 240 As far as I know they dont have a website but if you give them a ring they will be happy to quote you by post. The company is based at Lydbury North, Shropshire, SY7 8DY

When are you hoping to make the move?

Cheeky
Im hoping to have a look round next year and maybe we will make the move 12 - 18 months