Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do children need seperate passport

Do children need seperate passport

Old Mar 4th 2006, 11:29 am
Just Joined

baileysgirl has a spectacular aura aboutbaileysgirl has a spectacular aura aboutbaileysgirl has a spectacular aura about
Default Do children need seperate passport

Hi
We are in the process of applying for a 139 visa, have received email from agent this morning asking for childrens passport details. They are currently on both mine and my husbands passports. I am now in a panic that they each need their own passport, which will take weeks to sort out. If anybody knows the answer to this, please let me know, before I start smoking again!!!
Old Mar 4th 2006, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Paul Fitz will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Do children need seperate passport

Originally Posted by baileysgirl
Hi
We are in the process of applying for a 139 visa, have received email from agent this morning asking for childrens passport details. They are currently on both mine and my husbands passports. I am now in a panic that they each need their own passport, which will take weeks to sort out. If anybody knows the answer to this, please let me know, before I start smoking again!!!
Hi

We had a similar situation when sending in 47SK. We posted a thread about this and the situation is that it is not essential but advisable. We went ahead and got the passports for the kids.

Hope this helps

MK
Old Mar 4th 2006, 11:42 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Do children need seperate passport

Originally Posted by Paul Fitz
Hi

We had a similar situation when sending in 47SK. We posted a thread about this and the situation is that it is not essential but advisable. We went ahead and got the passports for the kids.

Hope this helps

MK
Not sure if this is correct but I thought all children had to have their own passports nowadays.

Its another great money spinner for Britain really. I remember having this discussion before with someone on here who had to have one done of thier baby. Its a complete joke as the passport is valid for five years and I feel sorry for any kids (and even more for their parents) that still look like they did when they were say........six months old when they are four and a half!

R.

Last edited by Carruss; Mar 4th 2006 at 11:42 am. Reason: Typo!
Old Mar 4th 2006, 11:56 am
Tiny Member

tucs is on a distinguished road

think it is the rule now that all need to have there own passport. Went to renew wifes passport last year and was told this. had to get 6 new passports!!! cost a small fortune.
stupid as youngest was only 3 months. So when you go to renew you will be told this,.

Hi
Old Mar 4th 2006, 12:10 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Hi
Look here.
Old Mar 4th 2006, 12:14 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need to but is definately advisable. Will make life easier in the long run. If you get the application in nowish you should have them back in a couple of weeks. Leave it any longer and they will be really busy leading up to holiday periods.
Old Mar 4th 2006, 12:20 pm
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by moneypen20
You don't need to but is definately advisable. Will make life easier in the long run. If you get the application in nowish you should have them back in a couple of weeks. Leave it any longer and they will be really busy leading up to holiday periods.
We went on holiday to Oz last year with 2 teenagers on my partners passport, but just for the holiday we had murders boarding at both ends.

Heathrow had to phone Canberra to get authorisation to let us board ... ... and the same on the return. No problems with connecting flights, but as I say we was at the counter for over 30 mins each way.

We got them their own now, and if you go to The Passport Office in London (dunno where you are tho) you can get them fast tracked and if missus was here now she'd know exactly how long it took, but it wasn't long, they get couriered to your home address, but as I say we had to do the application in person.
Old Mar 4th 2006, 12:27 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

as far as I know only when they r up for renewal....but its best if they have their own
Old Mar 4th 2006, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Hi
Were about's do you live, may be worth going to the passport office in Swansea ( I think ) were they will issue you a passport there and then as long as you have all the proof etc................

Good Luck
Old Mar 4th 2006, 12:32 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Well as it goes..get kiddies their own passport

try not to worry!

Donna.
Old Mar 4th 2006, 1:24 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tabby
Were about's do you live, may be worth going to the passport office in Swansea ( I think ) were they will issue you a passport there and then as long as you have all the proof etc................

Good Luck
Passports = Liverpool
DVLC/DVLA = Swansea

Old Mar 4th 2006, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Passports = Liverpool
DVLC/DVLA = Swansea

It was a 50/50 chance, Thank god the wife sorted the visa app
Old Mar 4th 2006, 2:33 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tabby
It was a 50/50 chance, Thank god the wife sorted the visa app
Old Mar 4th 2006, 2:38 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Passports can be obtained in person at the Newport office.
Old Mar 4th 2006, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

baileysgirl has a spectacular aura aboutbaileysgirl has a spectacular aura aboutbaileysgirl has a spectacular aura about

Many thanks for all your answers, seems the best thing to do is get them all their own passports. Looking forward to a day out in Newport!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.