Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do auusie youths kick each others heads in?

Do auusie youths kick each others heads in?

Old Sep 1st 2009, 7:20 pm
Just Joined

spikeyjo is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Do auusie youths kick each others heads in?

Hi,

Just a thought, in UK teenagers and yound men regularly kick each others heads in and stab each other without a second thought?

Are the young aussie men the same? Are there similar issues in Oz?
Old Sep 1st 2009, 9:16 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do auusie youths kick each others heads in?

Yes.

& Yes

& Yes

North Brisbane District Detective Inspector Graham Clark said teenagers carrying knives "seemed to be the culture these days."

...these stories are from just the last 3 days. What did you expect?
Old Sep 1st 2009, 9:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, postcode gangs are getting out of control in some places.

And it isnt just the yoof either in Perth
Old Sep 1st 2009, 9:44 pm
can't lose the tie

mecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to all

Unfortunately, it's a problem everywhere nowadays. In the old days, you go to the ground and they stop there but now, well, you know the rest.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 9:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spikeyjo
Hi,

Just a thought, in UK teenagers and yound men regularly kick each others heads in and stab each other without a second thought?

Of course there are the same issues. Even in schools, in the last few days a private school boy was the victim of one bashing to the head by a gang of kids from his own school. In another incident a 15 year old was bashed and trampled to death in a fight over a lunch table.

Not just what you read in the papers either, last monday night some naked kid on ice tried to smash his way into the neighbours house next to one we rent out, 6 police cars to restrain him. A year ago, one kid was stabbed in the leg on my 12 year olds school bus. I assumed from that it was pretty hushed up too, never got into the media, kids warned not to talk about it.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

Yes they do and we read about it every week but taking our population of four million here in Melbourne its not as widespread as the media makes out. Problem is the people on the receiving end are often innocent and in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Slapping wrists is not working but only us lowly people know that
Old Sep 1st 2009, 11:04 pm
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spikeyjo
Hi,

Haha hilarious.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 12:07 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mecheng
Unfortunately, it's a problem everywhere nowadays. In the old days, you go to the ground and they stop there but now, well, you know the rest.
The expression 'being kicked whilst down' would show that comment to be totally wrong. Nothing new, the bully doing the punching has never stopped because his victim has fallen unfortunately.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

oz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Of course there are the same issues. Even in schools, in the last few days a private school boy was the victim of one bashing to the head by a gang of kids from his own school. In another incident a 15 year old was bashed and trampled to death in a fight over a lunch table.

Not just what you read in the papers either, last monday night some naked kid on ice tried to smash his way into the neighbours house next to one we rent out, 6 police cars to restrain him. A year ago, one kid was stabbed in the leg on my 12 year olds school bus. I assumed from that it was pretty hushed up too, never got into the media, kids warned not to talk about it.
the 15 year old lunch table incident was at a school not far from me, by accounts it started with a bit off play fighting that got way out of hand , the young fella was pushed into a wall , banged his head went down unconscious ...lots of reports of been kicked by a mob once down.....i dont think anyones been charged yet...mur`bah has been having problems with youths at night as the nearest police station is 30 mins away at tweed...cctv cameras for the town center have been on the cards as the locals are fed up with it

the ice (meth) is a big big problem in oz...cheap to manufacture highly addictive , the ozzies are mad for it.
id say I V drug use is a bigger problem over here than the uk
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 12:26 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oz miller man
the 15 year old lunch table incident was at a school not far from me, by accounts it started with a bit off play fighting that got way out of hand , the young fella was pushed into a wall , banged his head went down unconscious ...lots of reports of been kicked by a mob once down.....i dont think anyones been charged yet...mur`bah has been having problems with youths at night as the nearest police station is 30 mins away at tweed...cctv cameras for the town center have been on the cards as the locals are fed up with it

the ice (meth) is a big big problem in oz...cheap to manufacture highly addictive , the ozzies are mad for it.
id say I V drug use is a bigger problem over here than the uk
Last I heard, the police had confirmed that no one kicked him once down. Just a really sad unfortunate accident that went very very wrong. However if some of the media can turn it into a major teenage fighting story they will.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

oz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud of

yeah the media was going mad on this one, reports of a dozen or so people kicking him, mass brawls before hand,
made me wonder why the police didnt have anyone in custardy
was a tragic loss off a young kids life
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 12:39 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
However if some of the media can turn it into a major teenage fighting story they will.
That's the crux of it really. I notice on another thread the OP has listed this type of thing as a reason for leaving the UK. You have to stop and ask yourself - how often am I (or my kids) a victim of these sorts of crime or what real impact does them happening elsewhere or to other people have on my life. The answer is generally never and none!

I lived in inner London for 3 years and never once did I see anyone flash a knife or anything more sinister - I'm not naive enough to suggest no-one was carrying one though - the same goes for the Aus cities I have lived in.

And yes, this is not a new thing that only applies to 'these days'.
The term 'razor gang' was used in Glasgow in the 1920s/30s!
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 1:09 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to say, I love the thread title!
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 1:15 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by oz miller man
yeah the media was going mad on this one, reports of a dozen or so people kicking him, mass brawls before hand,
made me wonder why the police didnt have anyone in custardy
was a tragic loss off a young kids life
Run out of custard?
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 1:23 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
Run out of custard?
well I suppose it is only a triffling matter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.